Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but didnt take my bike. it was dumpin rain at my house, so i hopped in the car and drove to thunderhill (about an hour away) to check things out. got to see my sister rippin on her new 06 GSXR 750. it was a pacific track time day; i signed up for their day a t-hill on the 17th. cant wait!!!!!! gotta get some new rubber first... just thought i'd share my fun for the day.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
norcal10 said:
but didnt take my bike. it was dumpin rain at my house, so i hopped in the car and drove to thunderhill (about an hour away) to check things out. got to see my sister rippin on her new 06 GSXR 750. it was a pacific track time day; i signed up for their day a t-hill on the 17th. cant wait!!!!!! gotta get some new rubber first... just thought i'd share my fun for the day.
You'll enjoy PTT events as Michael has a great crew and cast.

BD

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i met micheal today, super nice guy. my sisters boyfriend is one of the instructors, so i should get some good guidence when i go in two weeks. is it the 17th yet?? and for pics go to gotbluemilk.com and check today's date (4/3). should be up tomorrow.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Mark M is also from Redding and has been instructing for him too, do you know Mark?? he had an 04 10 and R1 at the same time but has since sold them and has a g1k now.

BD

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
even though you didn't ride it was still a good idea to go to the track and check things out and how they're organized....more people that are thinking about doing a track day but are reluctant to sign up for that "first" date would put themselves at ease by doing what you did...congrats and goodluck on the 17th.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
big d- havent met mark yet, though i'm sure i will. there was some dude on a blue 10r with race fairings that would wheelie over turn 5 almost every lap; it was AWESOME!

pongo- thats exactly why i went. i wanted to check it out before i dove in. i was a little nervous about goin, bein to slow and what not. after seein it though, i know i can keep up easily in the c group. some dudes looked like they'd barely ridden before!! either way its gonna be a blast!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did my first trackday at MAM in Iowa on April 1. I did the oreintation school through Track Addix. I have never had so much fun. I hated to put the the 10 back to street legal, but it is how I get to work.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I saw your pics on KCSB... I rode a 10 as a track bike in 04 and 05. I have an 05 636 now though. The 10 is a wicked bitch of a track bike. MAM is a great track to learn on. Did Spooner show you the ropes? LOL! I'm hyperspd7 on the KCSB board by the way...

You going to HPT on Monday the 14th?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spooner showed me a few things, but Dueser was my teacher for the day. A great experience. I am "Spicoli" on kcsb too......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts