Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a Dyno run today before I take the motor out for the cam and head gasket. Made 157.7 hp(4th gear pull) Bike has 2458 miles and just an FMF slip-on. Air fuel is lean, about 14.5 across the rpm range. Pretty happy with 157, no tricks, dirty chain, regular 10-40 oil.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
If you did not temporarily disable the air-suction system, then the engine is running richer than that, and you are measuring the total exhaust including the air that was drawn in by the air-suction system (which is intended to help the catalyst do its job).

No big deal. 157 is a big number for an essentially stock bike. It's working properly :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not disable anything, just like I ride it. Would like to see 170 when done with the mods!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Bently said:
Did not disable anything, just like I ride it. Would like to see 170 when done with the mods![/QUOTE

170 is possible, but I think you'll need at least a PC3 and a full system in addition to your mods to make that happen.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PC3 will be one of the mods, full exhuast won't be at first. I still think gains from a different header will be small, 10 yrs ago that was a different story, now the factorys put alot of time in there stock headers. Guess we will see when I'm done. Wanted to have it done next week but the cam is on back order so don't know when that will show up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts