Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the following mods on my bike all at once and now I am having some problems:

Micron serpent headers (these are surely not the cause)
LevelOne Racing can (this is certainly not the cause)
Dynojet PCIII with appropriate map
Ignition module (currently doing nothing because the PC3 has the old firmware, but I called dynojet and they said this could NOT be causing the problems I am having)
GIPro gear indicator with ATRE
Ivans pair blockoff plates
Factory pro velocity stacks (don't think these are causing the problem)
UNI foam air filter (don't think this is causing the problem)

Now when the bike runs, if I rev it, it lets out a decent amount of black smoke and then cuts off when it revs back down. The FI light is on and these are the faults I have when I jump the diagnostic port:

Throttle sensor malfunction, wiring open or short

Inlet Air Pressure sensor malfunction, wiring open or short

Subthrottle sensor malfunction, wiring open or short

I REALLY don't think I left anything unplugged. I did read in a how-to that when you install the ivan's kit, some people put a jumper in the white plug that the pair electronics are removed from (but this was on the 05 636)--is this necessary? Could it be causing this? Ivan's instructions don't call for it. I called Ivan's and they said that their kit could not be causing these problems, but who knows.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
you should trace it back piece by piece aside from anything non-electrical

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not the airbox sensor plug, and if you look in the kit race manual, all three of these sensors that the faults reference are on the same harness in the same area. I don't think there is any way i left them all three unplugged, but I guess I have to take it all apart tomorrow

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would try putting the stock air filter back in and see how it runs. Have seen that filter your using give problems.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would say maybe you have the tre thing hooked to the wrong plug side.I did that an had that happen.Its the same plug,but use the other side.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
def check ALL connections on the PCIII install,........some of those connectors have to be pushed together hard in order to hear the "click"........are you sure you installed the pins in the right connectors?........it HAS to be elctrical!....did you hook up the ign module?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the PCIII was the only used part

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
figured out the problem, i had hooked something up wrong, I'm the idiot

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are very correct, sir. Nice stable you've got there, both of the bikes I have, just opposing years. I've got the old 1st gen 10 and the newer 1st gen 636

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I mean old as a relative term. Both his and mine are 1st gen (by modern standards), but mine is the older one. And both of our 636's are the first gen (at least here in the US), but mind is the newer year of the two.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts