Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the pic I took today of my Pirelli diablo strada. Believe it or not this is 10,200 miles with one 7 second burnout (around 8k miles). This is the same tire I rode to work with a 70 commute on the California freeway. This tire have also seen the canyons to include Palomar mountain on the weekends. If you like a tire that would last and stick almost as good as the regular Diablos, this one is for you...
:eek:ccasion1

IMG_0141.JPG

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Dam! 10,000 miles on that baby, that would last me 2 seasons of riding..

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
for me to get 10,000 miles thats atleast 5 or 6 sets of tires

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I just bought a diablo front and am going to put a strada on the rear when my road attack wears out. Looks like maybe 5-6k for the road attack.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thats great. I just put a strada on my 10

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Pireli makes some good tires. I've had my Corsas for about 3 thousand and they still don't look too bad, I could probably get another thousand out of them if I had to.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
DAMN!!! my M1's last abut 2000-2500 max, my mine is a slick right now and waiting for my new one's to show up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
are you going easy on these tires ?

Man... 10k miles !! Just my imagination ... My big concern would be avialable traction and warmup speeds..

For a tire to last this long on a 10, you must either be riding easy all the time, or the material is really hard...

Hard material won't grip as well so my fear is that it might lose traction in a turn and launch you into oblivion...

???

How is the traction ?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
xtremeroller said:
Thats great. I just put a strada on my 10[/quo. te]

You will get sick looking at the same tire for a long period of time. You can probably get more than 10.2k miles if you don't do a burn out. The trick is keep it above 38 from Monday to Friday and just lower the air pressure if you're gonna hit the twisties on the weekends. If you hit twisties to work I would keep it steady at 35 psi through out its life. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fordfasterr said:
are you going easy on these tires ?

Man... 10k miles !! Just my imagination ... My big concern would be avialable traction and warmup speeds..

For a tire to last this long on a 10, you must either be riding easy all the time, or the material is really hard...

Hard material won't grip as well so my fear is that it might lose traction in a turn and launch you into oblivion...

???

How is the traction ?

I knew it! someone is gonna ??? my riding. I wish I have a higher pixel camera. If you can magnify the "Pirelli trident" logos on the edge of the tire you will see that they almost disappeared from full lean angles. I'm only 5ft 8 and you can get a knee down on these. Do I ride it hard? put it this way.... I ride it like I'm being chased by my mother-in-law on top of a Tsunami.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dragone said:
wow, 10,000 miles is tough for me to imagine!
You can ride the piss out of a tire as long as you stay on top of your tire pressure and chain/wheel alignment. You'll believe it when you see a Strada upclose pay attention how thick the rubber is in the middle.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rocketracermike said:
" I ride it like I'm being chased by my mother-in-law on top of a Tsunami."

Something like that. I would ride like a bat out of hell:crackup:
That bat better be wearing full leathers and a Dainese back protector...:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts