Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Where did you pick the bike up from? LI Kawasaki
CrossBay MotorSports in Bayshore, NY.

I have purchased a few bikes from them in the past so I got a killer deal IMO.

I got this left over 2008 ZX10r for roughly $4,000.00 with:

-Chrome Rim Package ($1,700.00)
-Yoshimura R55 Slip On ($400.00)
-Chrome Rear Spools ($75.00)
-Chrome Grips ($100.00)

Also including the trade in of my 2007 ZX6r with 3,000 miles on it.

I have since then added:

- Puig Double Bubble Black Wind Screen
- Custom Exhaust Removing Stock Cats (Still Using The Yosh R55 Slip-On)
- Removed Secondary Butterflies
- Rifleman 1/5th Throttle Insert
- Vortex Lowering Links (1.5" Drop)
- Rear Fender Eliminator Kit
- K&N Drop-In Filter
- Chrome Frame Sliders

Here is a quick video my bro made a few weeks ago:

·
Registered
7 Posts
After you do your turbo I'm sure you will have no problems beating that evo you built :p. Nice bike. Get some different grips though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After you do your turbo I'm sure you will have no problems beating that evo you built :p. Nice bike. Get some different grips though.
I don't know about that since we are re-fabricating many things with the evo.

Few details for this season:

-Converted to run on alcohol
-Billet 80mm Turbo compared to Billet 67mm Turbo
-Water-Air Intercooler compared to Air-Air
-New Side Winder Tubular Manifold
-More weight reduction
-Shep Built "Dog Box" Ultimate Ratio Tranny

About $30,000.00 Worth of upgrades which should put the car in the 1200whp range:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's Buschur racing's old evo that you bought right? So they went 8.88 @ 172mph with it correct? Everyone who had something to do with building that car is getting tired of you taking credit for it. Considering the car was just redone by another shop besides yours and your taking credit for that also. Nice bike also i have the same color :mrgreen:

·
Registered
20 Posts
:welcome: Cool bike! After reading reviews of the ZX-10R, keeping the front wheel on the ground was my biggest concern. The addition of the steering damper in 2006 alleviated this somewhat and made it more manageable, which the "experts" didn't like compared to the first generation (2004 - 2005).

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
That's Buschur racing's old evo that you bought right? So they went 8.88 @ 172mph with it correct? Everyone who had something to do with building that car is getting tired of you taking credit for it. Considering the car was just redone by another shop besides yours and your taking credit for that also. Nice bike also i have the same color :mrgreen:
:popcorn:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Nice first post........:headshake

:welcome: Cool bike! After reading reviews of the ZX-10R, keeping the front wheel on the ground was my biggest concern. The addition of the steering damper in 2006 alleviated this somewhat and made it more manageable, which the "experts" didn't like compared to the first generation (2004 - 2005).
Just a note......a steering damper has NOTHING to do with keeping the front wheel on the ground man, the throttle however and how it's applied has ALOT to do with it.:mrgreen:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts