Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, this is Pete from DG Motors on Long Island, NY. I currently own a performance facility in Lindenhurst, NY and specialize in the Lancer Evolution field currently owning the World's Fastest Evo 8 which ran 8.88 @ 172mph in the 1/4 mile.

I've always been into bikes and I just recently sold my old 07 ZX6r for something with a little more balls. I just purchased a left over 08 ZX10r and immediately like everyone else, the mod bug got me!

I've upgraded so far:

-Chrome Rim Package
-Race Air Filter
-Chrome Frame Sliders
-Chrome Grips
-Chrome Rear Spools
-Blacked Out Front Shield
-Yosh R55 Slip-On
-Removed Black Box On Exhaust
-Removed Cats
-Removed Secondary Butterflys
-Lowered 1.5"
-Tail Light/Fender Eliminator Kit

Here are some pictures of the bikes progress. I also removed the secondary butterflies today thanks to zx-10r.net's how to so thanks goes out to this awesome site so far.

Here are some pictures of the bike fairly new without some of the more current mods listed above:

Now I come from owning some wicked fast street cars, 1993.5 6-Speed Supra 850whp, 2006 Lancer Evolution 9 650whp, 2008 Lancer Evolution X 450whp, but nothing compares to 185+mph on two wheels and thus far this ZX10r is amazing in all aspects of down low torque to top end speed. The old ZX6r had no balls under 8,000rpm and just died up top after 125mph. This newer ZX10r has plenty of low end torque above 4,000rpm and is just flat out nuts all the way till red-line. I believe I will be a very happy camper for quite some time to come. Then again if I really need to go fast, I can always take out my pop's 2006 ZX14R :lol:!

I plan on purchasing a Power Commander 5 Tomorrow to fine tune this bike especially since I just removed the secondary butterflies Today. I also plan on building the motor and adding a turbo down the road!

Awesome forum thus far with plenty of knowledgeable threads! I plan on sticking around for quite some time with my own R&D and hopefully can add some data to the community.

Thanks!

Here is a quick video with some 186mph passes and some wheelies:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:welcome:
Thanks, I've owned Kawasaki's my whole life and this 10r is by far the most incredible bike yet.

I just passed the 500 mile marker and It just feels faster and faster by the day, I have still yet been able to ride it with 100% confidence like my old 6r.

I can feel the front tire coming up at high rpms and high speed no matter what, even at 150mph, the front tire just feels un-steady and It's kind of annoying.

I was able to redline my 07 6r at any gear or rpm and it felt 10x more controllable, the chrome handles sure aren't helping either. I am thinking about switching them out for rubber grips.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:hello: and :welcome:

You have a really good tuner in NY if you just want to go with the PC3 and get a dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:hello: and :welcome:

You have a really good tuner in NY if you just want to go with the PC3 and get a dyno tune.
Thanks guys!

I've been tuning for quite some time especially with some big powered cars so I am going to take on the tuning myself but I appreciate your gesture!:eek:ccasion1

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Thanks guys!

I've been tuning for quite some time especially with some big powered cars so I am going to take on the tuning myself but I appreciate your gesture!:eek:ccasion1
I figured after reading your first post but I know nothing of the art that is tuning and wasnt sure if bikes were different or similar to cars in that aspect :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured after reading your first post but I know nothing of the art that is tuning and wasnt sure if bikes were different or similar to cars in that aspect :eek:ccasion1
Put it this way, a motor is a motor no matter how big nor how small:thumbsup:

In all seriousness N/A is a pretty simple task coming from big turbo charged applications and race fuel where a simple mistake can turn into an extreme mess of a bottom end.

Bikes are meant to be abused all day long and with the proper tuning, you can't really screw up if your timing and air/fuel is in check.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Put it this way, a motor is a motor no matter how big nor how small:thumbsup:

In all seriousness N/A is a pretty simple task coming from big turbo charged applications and race fuel where a simple mistake can turn into an extreme mess of a bottom end.

Bikes are meant to be abused all day long and with the proper tuning, you can't really screw up if your timing and air/fuel is in check.
Thanks for the info! I can tear a car or bike apart no problem but when it comes to electronics and tuning mine as well :suicide: cause I'm useless

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info! I can tear a car or bike apart no problem but when it comes to electronics and tuning mine as well :suicide: cause I'm useless
Yes, the mechanical part is common sense as long as you can think in some kind of sequence.

The same matter applies to the tuning aspect as well. It's all sequence and just like mechanics, certain things work and certain things do not work.

Anyone can become a good tuner, it all comes down to how much "YOU" want to learn in the long run. There is no magic in tuning any application whether you are tuning a weed wacker or a 600 c.i motor making 2,500hp. All the same basic principals apply. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
367 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the forum. Nice bike. BTW: you dont have the fastest EVO in the world. EVOs were running 8.70 and faster in 2007 ;)
I did not say I have the "quickest" evo in the world by the short number. Ams Performance in Chicago owns the "quickest" evo in the world by running an 8.42 @ 168mph.

I own the "fastest" evo in the world with an 8.88 @ (172mph)!

The MPH is what makes it the fastest, not the quickest...:clap:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Current Owned Street Cars!

I have gotten a few requests on some of my wicked street cars built/tuned by myself right here at DG Motors!

Here is my 1993.5 6-Speed Stock Bottom End Supra which made 850whp on my dyno with VP Import fuel and 30psi, and 625whp @ 26psi on 93 Octane.

Supra's Power Mods:

-Boost Logic Billet 67-65 Turbo Kit
-Boost Logic 1,000hp Fuel System
-Virtual Work's Intake Manifold
-Accufab 90mm Throttle Body
-GSC S3 Custom Cams
-Greddy 5-Row InterCooler
-Aem Ems Ver. 2
-Rps Twin Carbon Clutch
-Boost Logic 4" InterCooler Piping
-Boost Logic 4.5" Race Exhaust
-Bone Stock Bottom End
-850whp @ 30psi 625whp @ 26psi

Here is the Drag Evo 8 with last year's setup/look:

Drag Evo 8's Power Mods:

-Buschur Racing Stage 3 Bottom End
-Buschur Racing Stage 3 Cylinder Head
-Tomei 280 Race Cams
-HTA 88 Turbo
-Shearer Fabrications Custom Side Winder Tubular Header
-Tilton Tripple Carbon/Carbon Race Clutch
-Buschur Racing 5-Speed Tranny
-Buschur Racing 4.5" InterCooler
-1,200hp Fuel System W/ 2 Gallon Fuel Cell
-Custom 4" Side Exit Exhaust Out Of Front Bumper
-Diest Parachute
-Custom Ford 8.8 Inch Rear W/ 4-Link Setup (Still All-Wheel Drive)
-2,250lbs 815whp/600wtq @ 55psi - VP Import Fuel
-Best Pass of 9.06 @ 164mph W/ 67mm Turbo
-Best Pass of 8.88 @ 172mph @/ GT45R Turbo
***Currently Under Construction For 2010 Season***

Here Is My Street Driven 450whp Lancer Evolution X GSR:

Evo X Power Mods:

-Blouch Dominator 2.0 Stock Appearing Turbo
-Exedy Twin HD Clutch
-Buschur Racing 4.5" Race InterCooler
-Buschur Racing 2.5" InterCooler Piping
-Buschur Racing Full Turbo Back Exhaust
-Deatswerks 800 C.C Injectors
-DG Motors Evo 9 Master Cylinder Conversion Kit
-DG Motors Slave Block
-Cosworth MX1 Cams
-450whp @ 30 psi - 93 Octane
-Best Pass To Date Is 11.44 @ 122mph Stock 18" Rims/Tires

Here is a video with the supra on 93 Octane making 625whp and a few other cars I finished building/tuning that same day. The video includes a 500whp Evo 9 and a 500hp Evo X!

Here is a video with the supra making 850whp and a road test!

Here is a video of us tuning the drag evo 8 on the dyno the night before a huge event in Ohio!

Here is the drag evo 8 running consecutive low 9 second passes at the Buschur Racing Shootout in Ohio, Yes we were the fastest evo throughout the whole event and unfortunately I had a client towing a car down from Canada so I couldn't make but we placed well anyway!

Enjoy and if you guys are interested in my work, just check my youtube videos, search DG Motors. I usually upload a new video once every 2 weeks of a build/tune!

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
What up Pete. Nice looking cars there. I have an evo X also that is pushing 450hp. Just got a ZX-10 also about a month ago. You might know me from the evo forums. Anyway, bike looks good

1 - 20 of 32 Posts