Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home tonight to find my ZX has been stolen from my parking garage. THREE locks on it guys. This is my second bike stolen from my parking garage and after the first one was taken the landlord allowed me to go all out to install security. A Bulldog cable lock on the front wheel (threaded through the back wheel of my Valk rear tire that I park in front of the ZX), a 1/2" chain held into the ground with a 3" sink bolt with giant Masterlock on the end that I locked onto the side frame, and a Kryptonite lock through the back tire that was also held onto the ground by the same aforementioned sink bolt and 1/2" chain. They cut through the 1/2" chain for at least one of them. All three locks are gone.

Guys, I CANNOT DO MORE THAN THAT TO LOCK MY BIKE UP! :dontknow:

They left my Valkyrie alone which was mighty swell of them. I think this means I cannot have another sportbike until I move outta here (not a bad area at all). God, I really really love riding the ZX too. It has just been a great bike. I was all lined up to get a new helmet this week too as a 40th b'day gift from my wife. Now this. Crap. Crap crap crap crap crap. I hate this shiat. I hate having to post this. Just hate it man. Everyone go check their rides right now! damn....

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
damn i feel so bad to hear all this and im here in reseda too i would go crazy if i find out that my 10 has been stolen....post pics of the bike ill look out for your bike i have a lot of friends here in the valley...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
madnessracing said:
damn i feel so bad to hear all this and im here in reseda too i would go crazy if i find out that my 10 has been stolen....post pics of the bike ill look out for your bike i have a lot of friends here in the valley...
Thanks bud. That's the bike in my avatar. I have some others but too wacked to look for em right now. It was pretty stock except for a Micron CF and sliders. I went straight to the police station and filed a report. This happened to me with my first VFR800 back in 99'. They found it the next day stripped down to the engine (which I sold).

The thing that is killin me right now is knowing I cannot have another here. Just killin me. God fuggin damn those fuggers. We got security cameras in the garage so I will see if we go any evidence to go on.

Oh, and there is a green 06 in the garage too. I tried knocking on the guy's door to warn him but he would not answer. Geezus. Almost feel like I gotta scope his bike for him tonight.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
madnessracing said:
hopefully everything works out for you ill let my friends know about it and if anything i will let you know i hope you had insurance..
Insured to the teeth! :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
FAKK!!! What is it with all these ZXs get stolen lately! :rant:

Dude, I really hate hearing this. I'd be pissed and bummed out no doubt if some punk(s) snatched the green meanie. I lock mine up pretty well also, but now I'm wondering if it's enough....

I hope the cops catch those fuggahs and string 'em up by the ballz!

D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, would be nice to catch em. Maybe something on the video. I dunno. Can't really sleep but I guess I should try. Miss the bike already, but I know there are bigger things in life. Still pretty sad about it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
That sucks Sonnyboy! It sure gets personal when you love and take care of something so much then some puke thinks they're entitled to it. Chin up brother....

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
sorry to hear. some one needs to make a pager alarm that that can send out voltage on the bike without fryin the electronics. then you come find the thievesk knocked out and drag em into your garage and tie em up.

better luck next time.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
that sucks dude...i knwo what its like to have somethign stolen from you...like you said there are more important things in life and the bike can be replaced...i would def. wait though until you got outa that area...it maybe someone that you know also, just keep your ears open...people like to talk and it will catch up to the persons

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:wav:

HOoray for insurance!

I'd just love to catch a theif in action...:angryfire

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike man. I hope they catch those a**holes with your bike in one peace. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
damn bro that really sucks, sorry to hear about that, all those locks and chains and still nothing, damn!!! sherman oaks, thats were my unlce lives, if i visit him on the ten, i guess i'll bring a glock and a watch dog for extra security

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear. However open garages that people have access to will always make your machine a sitting duck no matter how many locks or alarms you have. I hope they are found and punished severely!

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Sucks man- with all those locks, you'd think they would have found an easier one.

Someone is awfully comfortable in the parking garage. Like someone who lives there or has a friend that does, or used to live there, or works there....

That place needs cameras and if they won't do it maybe you should consider a motion activated or always on web camera and record the feed.

What a bunch of crap- was riding my ZX around the neighborhood 2nd day I had it and a guy came out of his house.

Longer story short-Turns out his busa had been stolen off miami beach (3 locks.)

Guess my next bike may have lojack and or sat tracking.

Damned port of miami.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts