Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
you have to hold the phone sideways for the pictures to be vertical on this site.

·
Registered
97 Posts
you have to hold the phone sideways for the pictures to be vertical on this site.
^^

Which is a Standard format. When you use your iphone in the vertical plane its a non standard format. AKA apple format. Due to Screen size and resolution. :wink:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Been thinking of clay bar'ing mine and waxing too. Maybe try to get rid of some imperfections previous owner did to the paint. Have never done clay bar though, ya'll lemme know if you've used anything with good results. Last time I waxed a bike I rode hard the next day and wrecked so haven't even waxed em in years lol. We'll see how it turns out this time!
Oh and for wax what do you like? Synthetic or Carnuba? I usually go Carnuba.

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
Been thinking of clay bar'ing mine and waxing too. Maybe try to get rid of some imperfections previous owner did to the paint. Have never done clay bar though, ya'll lemme know if you've used anything with good results. Last time I waxed a bike I rode hard the next day and wrecked so haven't even waxed em in years lol. We'll see how it turns out this time!
Oh and for wax what do you like? Synthetic or Carnuba? I usually go Carnuba.
If you're paint is smooth you don't need a clay bar. Just waxing it will do the job. Clay baring is only for gritty type surface on the paint.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Ahhh, well crap. Maybe that's why ive been advised to use clay bar when wet sanding or afterwards anyway. Almost looks like grease smudges but they don't come out. Doesn't look like the clear is coming off but ill have to look closer. Maybe just a good wax will help.:eek:ccasion1
Ya'll be careful after a fresh wax. Murphy will be out lookin for ya!:wink:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're paint is smooth you don't need a clay bar. Just waxing it will do the job. Clay baring is only for gritty type surface on the paint.
All types of containments bond to the surface of cars and motorcycles especially if left outside. I would clay then wax the bike then throughout the summer keep it up with quick waxes. I usually clay once a year and I'm good.

·
Registered
643 Posts
All types of containments bond to the surface of cars and motorcycles especially if left outside. I would clay then wax the bike then throughout the summer keep it up with quick waxes. I usually clay once a year and I'm good.
I usually just hit it with a fresh coat of Krylon every year. Works beautifully.

·
The Pace
6,931 Posts
omg, my idea of cleaning is a rag and simple green just to take the smashed bugs off. Then, I ride a 10r. A lot.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I literally haven't washed my wheels once. I think I'll use plexus. I was also thinking maybe I'll use some dish soap and water. Will definetely be throwing out that microfiber either way.. I hate cleaning wheels! I do think that having the plexus on the wheels paint would be beneficial.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I hit my bike with quick detailer and chain lube after every ride as needed. A quick moment then saves a lot of major cleaning later.
^^^This. Especially when it comes to the wheels. New brake dust and lube is way easier to clean off than 1 month old brake dust and lube.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Need to detail mine when I have some time. Between rides I use a spray cleaner to get bugs off... Bike Spirits I think is what I use. Way less costly than plexus and works awesome. Great on car interiors too. Once a month I wash then use a McGuires synthetic wax. Good stuff.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WD40 works great on grimy rims. Gets crud off fast without screwing up the paint.
I wouldn't use WD40 on my wheels, try and stick with the least aggressive simple products first. Honda spray has always been a miracle worker and once I found out the had the wash as well as the sealant/wax I was sold bc Ive always used the spray

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wouldn't use WD40 on my wheels, try and stick with the least aggressive simple products first. Honda spray has always been a miracle worker and once I found out the had the wash as well as the sealant/wax I was sold bc Ive always used the spray
I have not used wd40 on my bike.. even though it is a degreaser not sure if it would hurt paint or not..

I usually use goo off.. works awesome with no scrubbing to get chain grease off that gets flung all over the rims after lubing the chain...

I usually do this before washing the bike so after goo off... just some soap and water or detailing spray wax and it looks like new! Seams soap and water will just smear grease all over the place and piss ya off!:BangHead:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I've used all kinds of stuff on the rims. WD40,Rim/Wheel cleaner/ Mean Green Degreaser. The rims seem to be Dust/Dirt Magnets lol. I like the way the wd40 leaves them looking though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts