Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard is it to remove a dent from the top of a tank from someone denting it to stunt it? Just use air or what? it isnt too ad ut i aint no stunter, after all my accident on thursday landed me withthe worst break a foot can have and 9 pins in my foot and i was only going 20 mph. lol ANYONE LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THIS DENT. John :thefinger

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
johnnydeathshead said:
how hard is it to remove a dent from the top of a tank from someone denting it to stunt it? Just use air or what? it isnt too ad ut i aint no stunter, after all my accident on thursday landed me withthe worst break a foot can have and 9 pins in my foot and i was only going 20 mph. lol ANYONE LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THIS DENT. John :thefinger
the old air trick only works on the old school round tanks . if you try it with the new multi body line tanks it just folds op on itself i've seen it it's not pretty. post a pic if you can and i can maybe give you some other options depending on where and how deep it is

·
Registered
311 Posts
call a dent wizard or dent guy in your area. make sure they are a good on ethough ask to see work they have done. i had a small dent in my tank that i didnt see when i bought the bike and my dealer was an asshole about it cause i left with it the say i must have put the dent in it even though i called them now more than 10mins later. anyway he got the dent out without a problem cant even tell its there anymore, just dependis on haw bad the dent is. nice thing is if he can do it you dont need paint work done

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
dude thats a bit beyond dent wizard you got 2 options new tank or bondo. you might be able to find a guy with a fitz a dent gun but by the time you coin up for that your right back to new tank$

·
Registered
311 Posts
i don know man i use dent man here i had a large about 6" solid crease in a panle on the car and i mean like dent and a crease like someone hit it with a 2x4 no paint missing but pretty bad damage. he got it almost100% id say really 99% i could not complain at all very hard to tell it was ever there. depends like i said on who you use. i have seen this guy / watched him work and sen him get out some crazy shit that i would have though he was crazy for trying. he only charged me about 75$ to do the car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts