Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yeah!!!

Still early, so I don't want to start the celebration talk too soon. But the country looks like it finally woke up! Dang.. brings a tear to my eye to see that happen. :lol:

Lotsa interesting races still out there, but if you're blue, you're feelin pretty good right about now!

I got a nice bottle of some Alexander Valley red I have been savin for just such an occasion. The wife and I are gonna party! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
171 Posts
swjohnsey said:
Don't get too happy, I didn't vote for the Demokraps, I voted against the Republicans.
I do believe that is pretty much how it is. Give me the rights that an illegal has and I will be a very happy guy :dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
whispering smith said:
Counting chickens befor they hatch.:rolleyes:
:+1:...the Senate is key and that could go either way.:smile:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bluedevil said:
:+1:...the Senate is key and that could go either way.:smile:
Wishful thinking really. The Senate will end up a deadlock and the House is solid Dem. There is gonna start to be a lot of oversight on Bush Co's initiatives and especially Iraq. Congress is no longer a rubber stamp for George Bush. And that's a fact after tonight!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
swjohnsey said:
Don't get too happy, I didn't vote for the Demokraps, I voted against the Republicans.
I don't care how you came over, dude, just the fact that you came over is good enough for me- welcome! We actually hold our people responsible for their actions occasionally. And not everything gets a blind seal of approval just because it toes the party line (like it does for many Bush supporters). In fact, I did NOT vote all Dem today. Hardly ever do. But it was great to see the rest of the country stand up to the lack of checks and balances in the system and that's exactly what you did. Nice job. :cool:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
Wishful thinking really. The Senate will end up a deadlock and the House is solid Dem. There is gonna start to be a lot of oversight on Bush Co's initiatives and especially Iraq. Congress is no longer a rubber stamp for George Bush. And that's a fact after tonight!
just like a fact when Bush almost lost the Pres. election and democrats starting counting Chads...take it easy...I will accept any outcome but you want an outcome right now..that is the diff. between us.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bluedevil said:
just like a fact when Bush almost lost the Pres. election and democrats starting counting Chads...take it easy...I will accept any outcome but you want an outcome right now..that is the diff. between us.:rolleyes:
There are lots of differences between us, but I am not as impatient as you say. These things take time. Even once the election is all settled out there is still much to be done. I am just celebratin a bit is all. Geez, I had to put up with Repubs dancing in the streets in 04, so I get this moment. Oh YEAAS I DO! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I can understand your excitement... The new speaker has a clear voting record as to how her party wants our country to be.....

Pelosi's voting record is frightening. From Newt Gingrich at Human Events Online by way of Beth at My Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:

* NO on the Border Security Bill; (Everyone is welcome, America will pay for your welfare, medical ect.)
* NO on making the Republican tax cuts permanent; A family of four making $50,000 now pay about $1,300 in fed tax, W/O the tax cuts they will pay about $3,300.
* NO on eliminating the marriage penalty, you and your wife may enjoy paying more in taxs than you would if you were not married... do you want more taxes??
* NO on eliminating the death tax; the goverment should redistribute your inheritance
* NO on creating Health Savings Accounts (more to pay in taxes)
* NO on the Defense of Marriage Act
* NO on the 1996 Welfare Reform Law (and NO on its reauthorization)
* NO on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance; I know that "under God" bugs the crap out of you.
* NO on banning partial-birth abortion; do you applaud the idea that in the third trimester that you can place a baby in the mothers birth canal to where the babys head is about to come out then shove a metal rod into the babys head scramble its brains and then suck them out..... killing the baby. Hey thats worth a bottle of wine buy itself!
* NO on requiring a photo I.D. to ensure only legal voters vote, this is a big part of your base.
* NO on the Patriot Act
* NO on authorizing domestic tracking of terrorists
* NO on military tribunals and new interrogation rules for terrorist detainees; ya give them the same rights as americans....

You enjoy your bottle of wine and make sure you toast each one of Pelosi's votes and where you want the country to go. I use to think of you as a deep thinker..... now you just spew crap (your last thread) of hate!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
^^
You forgot the "Yes"es:
Yes to gun control (AWB part II)
Yes to impeachment of W
Yes to impeachment of Dickie
Yes to becoming the first female Prez
Yes to gay marriage
Yes to restricting the internet
Yes to the UN
Yes to "de-funding" the war on terror

Cheers one and all, it was a good victory. It was won by selling tax cuts and moderation in the urban areas, something the Democrats have not historically followed through on. Let's see if they can break with tradition.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
Oh yeah!!!

Still early, so I don't want to start the celebration talk too soon. But the country looks like it finally woke up! Dang.. brings a tear to my eye to see that happen. :lol:

Lotsa interesting races still out there, but if you're blue, you're feelin pretty good right about now!

I got a nice bottle of some Alexander Valley red I have been savin for just such an occasion. The wife and I are gonna party! :mrgreen:
you don't really think anything will change do you?????

·
Registered
152 Posts
gpz1100 said:
^^
You forgot the "Yes"es:
Yes to gun control (AWB part II)
Yes to impeachment of W
Yes to impeachment of Dickie
Yes to becoming the first female Prez
Yes to gay marriage
Yes to restricting the internet
Yes to the UN
Yes to "de-funding" the war on terror

Cheers one and all, it was a good victory. It was won by selling tax cuts and moderation in the urban areas, something the Democrats have not historically followed through on. Let's see if they can break with tradition.

YES because we really WANT legal citizens no not be able to protect themselves with guns when the bad guys are going to be able to keep getting guns illegally.
YES to preventing free speech on the internet, who really wanted that ammendment anyway? how about we let the government decide what we should be saying?
YES to condoning liasons between homosexuals which is unnatural and blatantly forbidden in the bible (for you religious folk)
YES to taking money from the War on Terror, from preventing the ability to remove destructive powers from their throne. why dont we just pat them on the head and say "now boys, play nicely." lets just sit back and watch the world fall to pieces, instead of trying to get the bad apples out of the barrel before they rot the others.

good planning.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Well, "we" got the government "we" deserve. Going to be interesting for the next couple of years. One thing of comfort that I heard earlier, is that a lot of Dems that replaced the Reps were conservative Dems. If so, then I say good. Got rid of Lincoln Chaffe (liberal) and others who were Republicans in party only. Honestly, I don't care which party they belong to, just uphold American traditions, values, culture (conservative).

·
Registered
152 Posts
'tis true. good point.

(though i would prefer they uphold americal tradition, value and culture and also say they are republicans. it makes things easier that way.)

:)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Truthfully, I believe the whole city of Washington DC needs to be turned upside down. It dont matter anymore if your Red or Blue the whole place is controlled by big money. I personally think they need to get all the people who have been there for eons out and get a totally new group of people in there (I voted Republican, and always have but today it was the lesser of 2 evils) But it seems to me they (both sides) are looking out for themselves more than they are for this country and what is best for US as Americans.

I dont know how to fix it all but I think we need younger ideas in office. The people there are so set in their ways they will never change. I guess at this stage of the game I am for whoever is going to do the jobs that need done. i.e. We have a bunch of idiots who want to kill us, we have people pretty much invading us, there are hopeful new sciences that could possibly change peoples lives ect, ect.

As far as Taxes go Im a firm believer in the money I make is mine. I dont work to take care of some lazy a$$ who doesnt want to work or to take care of someone who doesnt want to be in this country legally. Im all for helping people out but some things are WAY out of hand. Some people need to learn personal responsibility! And Im not referring to those who CANT there is a difference.

So yeah the dems won this one, whats going to change?
And no Im not trying to start a red & blue fight here, Im just curious as to what is going to happen now. I guess we are about to find out.................................

·
Registered
152 Posts
:dontknow: red? blue? hmm. is this where they get that red vs blue show thing?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
....... tell me that William Jefferson is not being re-elected in Louisiana. Did he or did he not get busted with almost $100,00.00 in his freezer. I was looking at returns and if I'm reading it right he is ahead... tell me I'm reading it wrong..... well is Berry can get re-elected in DC after smoking crack on video..... what a bunch of bone heads.....

Looks like it will come down to two states in the Senate.... and of course.... recounts and lawsuits...

One thing I did hear from one republican that I agree with... We sent them to DC in 94' to change Washington and Washington changed them. Now it's time to get back to what we were..... BIG Amen from me.....

Chin up red states.... back to basics

God bless our United States of America... :rockwoot:

1 - 20 of 188 Posts