Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Deezuhl's/Ace Performance Zx10 196mph on GPS!!!

Well, to say the least Iceman And I are more than pleased with are preliminary testing.. The bike went a consistent 191mph @ 8/10 all day without the rev extend working.. We got a 194mph at 9/10 with the rev extend giving us 300rpm and then we went 196 just past 1 mile.. This was all done with a 17/39 gearing which is a pig out off the line.. well be testing stock gearing and should have no problem with the rev xtend working going 195mph @ 9/10.. here is the setup..

Akrapovic TI System
Power Commander
Ign Commander ( not functioning right)
BMC
Degreed Cams .. Dont even ask the cam timing.. I couldnt get within 10 feet of the bike while Iceman calculated his #'s.. LOL
520 conversion
17/39 gearing
Icemans Real World Tuning.. ( still rich and not yet complete )
Iceman's Sneaky Intake mOds..:wink:

I beleive if i am correct this is the fastest recorded time on an 06 zx10 in that distance..MAxton is just a couple months away.. Were shooting for 202 on motor and 210 on the bottle.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Damn bro, your not playing around!!! Keep up the good work.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
VERY NICE BRO!

Congrats! I cant wait to see that thing run, I'm gunna try and come out another day soon and check it out and bring my bike on out. Mabey I Can get Juan to ride it and see hwo it does.

Hey, that was with sal on it right......what have you gotten it up to with the current set up?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
garth285 said:
VERY NICE BRO!

Congrats! I cant wait to see that thing run, I'm gunna try and come out another day soon and check it out and bring my bike on out. Mabey I Can get Juan to ride it and see hwo it does.

Hey, that was with sal on it right......what have you gotten it up to with the current set up?
I only got to make 1 pass since sal was doing the tuning and it went 188.7 but wasnt yet tuned and i was on the tall gearing which isnt optimal for my weight.. im hoping i can see 190 and ill be satisfied..

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
nice, thats a hell of alot better than I am doing, I think the aerodynamics of the 06 are giving it a really big help.

I can only pull across the line at about 178-181 on stock gearing.

Mabey I'll send my bike down to sal and see what he can do tunign wise or somethign, that and I have to mess with my cam #'s a lil bit to.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ghost666 said:
Damn bro, your not playing around!!! Keep up the good work.
thanks.. we knocked off 2 of the quicker gixxers which put a nice smile on our face.. 2 gixxers down and about 3-4 more to go til were on top.. the quickest 2 down here are very fast. its a tall order but well get there..

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
deezuhl said:
thanks.. we knocked off 2 of the quicker gixxers which put a nice smile on our face.. 2 gixxers down and about 3-4 more to go til were on top.. the quickest 2 down here are very fast. its a tall order but well get there..
I know you will.............it's just a matter of time bro. BTW I saw your other bike on the 1000rr site and that thing is bangin! For a HONDA anyway.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
inginekilla said:
how long does it take ice man to tune your bike?
it takes him several hours to complete the full tune.. I saw this weekend exactly what goes into his tuning and its worth every dollar.. with the weather he didnt get a chance to map it perfectly for cruising cause we focused mostly on top end for the races but i can tell you when its done the thing will run so smooth with no hiccups making as much power as it can.. He did my 1000rr which is known for having very abrupt thottle and it was smooth as hell when i got back.. shoot him a pm and im sure you could get more info. good luck..

·
Registered
451 Posts
That little bike is fun
Man the Suzuki guys were not too happy, when I raced them one pulled me in 1 st gear by a bike and I went around him in the bottom of third gear
and pulled like a frieght train hit the limiter in 6th gear at 191 MPH @ 8/10's
and was on and off the gas between 80-90 % throttle for the remaing 1/10 of a mile to stay off the limiter,and still beat him by 7 bikes, the other it took me till top of 3rd gear but still beat him by 5 bikes
I still want to try a few more things.
Great bike. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just realized i couldnt see everyones avatar cause my settings werent set right.. Of course i had to put the gps pic in my avatar..LOL

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Alright ease up the drum beating for Ace Performance please.

BD

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Big Daddy said:
Alright ease up the drum beating for Ace Performance please.

BD
hey if it wasnt for him the bike wouldnt ever touch that speed with the mods i have done.. i gotta give props where they are due..:thumbsup:

ps.. just wait til you see the 4x4 foot graphic with ace going across the bike for maxton.. LOL

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
for now its enough period!! the ice man knows what i'm getting at(atleast i think he does) if you don't.

BD

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big Daddy said:
for now its enough period!! the ice man knows what i'm getting at(atleast i think he does) if you don't.

BD

Ok, i gotcha.. Ill shoot props over to SUPERBIKE SUPPLY for getting me all the parts on my bike.. Thanks brandon, brad and mary!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts