Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:dontknow: Im stuck between two full systems. TiForce and Muzzys full ti. I searched archs. but didnt do much for me. Other than Mad8vatr's thread on TiForce rocks. His dyno got me, also hearing about the quality for the $$$. I havent seen any dynos on Muzzys full and am curious how they compare. As far as $$$ theyre close. Although I found a Ti system w/pcIII usb for $1300. I know alot of you like the Akra. sys. but I dont want to spend that much. Ive tried researching $$ on my own but dont know good places to find deals either. I'd greatly appreciate some help on this. Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Why dont you go with a Sato slip on and save yourself some cash and get more HP, unless you shell out for the full TiForce. If your not going to be doing a lot of racing the slip on is the way to go anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get more hp out of a sato slip? I didnt know that. :dontknow: I was thinking a full system would give me more. Seeing the dyno of the full TiForce made me think TiForce Ive been told by others to go with Muzzys full Ti if I didnt want to spend the $$$ for an Arka. Ultimatly I want the most hp for my budget. Do you know where I should try for good pricing?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
A couple of he site sponsors have really good prices on them. If you do a search you can find allot of post covering pricing and a couple dyno's showing the hp diffrence between the slip and full.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yeah, I think the Sato slip betterd the full Sato up to 10,000 rpm. After that the full system took off. Ask urself, how often are u gonna have ur bike past 10,000 rpm anyways? I'd go with the slip-on. Save the rest of ur money for all ur other mods.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flatout said:
dragnfly, give me a buzz and i'll get you some smoking deals on the systems your looking at?
Slava

Thanks Slava,

I think Im gonna go with a slip-on and a pcIII. Still not sure which one either Sato or TiForce. Which ever will give the most. Id give you a call but I havent been getting home until 8pm pacific time. Im in San Diego. When can I reach you?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
dragnfly said:
Thanks Slava,

I think Im gonna go with a slip-on and a pcIII. Still not sure which one either Sato or TiForce. Which ever will give the most. Id give you a call but I havent been getting home until 8pm pacific time. Im in San Diego. When can I reach you?
tuesday-thrusday 10am-7pm easter, friday- 10-6pm eastern saturday 10-3pm easter, or just leave me your number and I can call you. Or you can pm me with some details and we'll get the order worked out.
Slava
317-890-9110

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
STREETFIGHTER50 said:
Yeah, I think the Sato slip betterd the full Sato up to 10,000 rpm. After that the full system took off. Ask urself, how often are u gonna have ur bike past 10,000 rpm anyways? I'd go with the slip-on. Save the rest of ur money for all ur other mods.
Even after 10K the power of the SATO is higher than stock so its not like your losing power...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Dragnfly, for what it's worth, this months issue of Performance Bike magazine ( UK ), had a Ti-Force Full Titanium system on their zx10r with PC3 and DNA air filter and only got 154hp - 5 more than standard. Their summary was "good build quality, sound and looks, not so good was marginal power increase fr th money and not much lighter than stock

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! Thanks. :wink: Im really leaning toward the Sato slip-on. It looks like I can get the same or more with the Sato for less $$$. Thanks again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
On my Race bike that dyno'd at 156 stock, it made 168 with a full TiForce and mapping. This was a custom map and thats the key to any full pipe. I simmed through the article in PB, and my impression was that they were using "maps in a can" one of the dynojet supplied maps that are ok, but definitely not the ticket to hp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They must have been doing something wrong in PB here's a real typical stock bike plus a pipe and pc3....maybe the air filter is killing some of the power.

Rob Hughes
Orient Express/TiForce USA
1-800-645-6521

·
Registered
26 Posts
Also it should be noted that stock bikes speced for places other than the USA MIGHT actaully have a different exhaust system to meet local emissions/sound regulations.

The TiForce exhaust for the ZX10 weighs in the 9 1/2 lb range, I can't remember what a stocker weighs but I doubt it's near 10lbs. Kawi exhausts tend to be notoriously heavy...

Rob

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can attest to Rob's info on the weight. The stock muffler and header combo are closer to 25 pounds. Its a bit of a porker and the full TiForce system will eliminate the sound deadening butterfly valve. If you want sound, you have to go full system, and if you want power you have to go full system. Only way to go. Yeah it's a little more, but well worth it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
With the weight thing being so far off and the power being so far off, I have to question the whole thing.

I have yet to see the artical, what month is it in?

·
Registered
191 Posts
The ZX10R OEM Titanium header weighs 5.5 pounds. A few ounces less if you remove the exhaust valve shaft, butterfly, and pulley system. The OEM muffler weighs 7 pounds including the Ti link pipe. An Akrapovic slip on [Carbon or Ti] with a stainless steel link pipe weighs 4.25 pounds. A full Ti system with Ti muffler for the ZX10R weighs 9.5 to 10 pounds depending on the manufacturer. You do the math.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
So we are talking about an average weight savings of 2.5-3lbs with a full system. Damn I thought it would be more than that, but I guess the stock system being titanium realy pays off.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts