Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have approximately $700 to spend on accessories/mods. Here's what is already done:
Sato full
PC III USB
Penske
16t CS sprocket

I'm thinking 636 mod ($250 approx w/ steel lines?), Pazzos ($185 w/shipping) & DJ quick shift ($278 plus shipping). These are all things I want, though the 636 mod is probably the only one I need.

I just want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for the buck - I can't afford to have the forks done yet or that would be the next step. Just looking for insightful feedback. Thanks guys!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
lavudyar said:
Okay, I have approximately $700 to spend on accessories/mods. Here's what is already done:
Sato full
PC III USB
Penske
16t CS sprocket

I'm thinking 636 mod ($250 approx w/ steel lines?), Pazzos ($185 w/shipping) & DJ quick shift ($278 plus shipping). These are all things I want, though the 636 mod is probably the only one I need.

I just want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for the buck - I can't afford to have the forks done yet or that would be the next step. Just looking for insightful feedback. Thanks guys!

Pazzo price seems way to high..the group buy was around $139 I'm sure our sponsor Pazzo can beat that price to help out on the other mods :wink:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
lavudyar said:
Sato full
PC III USB
Penske
16t CS sprocket

REAR SETS ! IMO one of the best mods I've done

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
brake upgrade is a good mod if u havent enough money to get the forks done,the brake mod is nexted for me i,ll prob go with brembo m/s and s/s lines. i,ve also considered the quick shifter but my 10 is a road bike and not used on track so as the bike does over 100mph in 1st my not be worth the expence :hello:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
jayrc30 said:
brake upgrade is a good mod if u havent enough money to get the forks done,the brake mod is nexted for me i,ll prob go with brembo m/s and s/s lines. i,ve also considered the quick shifter but my 10 is a road bike and not used on track so as the bike does over 100mph in 1st my not be worth the expence :hello:
DUDE YOU GOT THAT SWEET SUSPENSION AND NO TRACK DAYS :eyecrazy:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
636 brake upgrade or brembo is a great start. Just did it recently, the other day. I was running through a city "course" that I have and was comming to a stop sign when I got that uh oh, maybe a little fast for this stop feeling. With 636mc it was no problem. Just the left over feeling in my head form the stock mc.

I want rearsets next, just bought pc3 and ign module from Ivan today so tapped out.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
treyzx10r said:
DUDE YOU GOT THAT SWEET SUSPENSION AND NO TRACK DAYS :eyecrazy:
trey ive done alot of track days over the years (for 2 years i gave up riding on the road just did track days) there very expensive in the uk and the expence got out of hand if u know wot i mean(very addictive)also a crashed a couple of bikes 1 of them a honda rc30(very rare and expensive bike)may be taking the 10 on track this year and also planning a trip to the nurburgring germany but it is mainly my road bike

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I am agonizing over the quick shift vs ignition module. I'm pretty happy with the power and rideablilty as is, and I do a lot of trackdays, so that's why I'm leaning towards the quick shifter.

As for the Pazzos, the price is right from their website, so unless they're discounting for board peeps or I see another group buy going, I think that's the rate.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jayrc30 said:
trey ive done alot of track days over the years (for 2 years i gave up riding on the road just did track days) there very expensive in the uk and the expence got out of hand if u know wot i mean(very addictive)also a crashed a couple of bikes 1 of them a honda rc30(very rare and expensive bike)may be taking the 10 on track this year and also planning a trip to the nurburgring germany but it is mainly my road bike
OMG - you wrecked an RC30? You should be flogged! :whipping:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
jayrc30 said:
s'coo that is one sweet set up fo sho , btw sorry bought the thread jack Lav

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
lavudyar said:
the guy I ride with smoked his too and bought this with the ins payoff

he paid 8k for the 30 and the pay off was 15,800 :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh gawd - 2 wrecked 30's? I'm not feeling well, not feeling well at all ...
:throwup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
At least he didn'd say, "I wadded an NR750." Now there is a rare beast.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
lavudyar said:
Oh gawd - 2 wrecked 30's? I'm not feeling well, not feeling well at all ...
:throwup:
yep Bobs barricades took it out really was'nt that bad just the cost of replacement parts sealed its fate :headshake

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now if I ever saw an NR750, I would have to commit a serious crime to get it into my garage.

My love affair with the 30 started in '90 when I watched Randy Renfro (moment of silence please) smoke everyone at Willow Springs, last superbike race of the season. That was the Commonwealth Honda bike, before Two Bros even existed. I would trade my 10 in a second if I could find someone stupid enough to make that swap!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
lavudyar said:
the 1st time should of took this as a warning(sorry for thread jack)if it works

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
jayrc30 said:
the 1st time should of took this as a warning(sorry for thread jack)if it works
did not work a have some pics but there TIF image sorry

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
lavudyar said:
Now if I ever saw an NR750, I would have to commit a serious crime to get it into my garage.

My love affair with the 30 started in '90 when I watched Randy Renfro (moment of silence please) smoke everyone at Willow Springs, last superbike race of the season. That was the Commonwealth Honda bike, before Two Bros even existed. I would trade my 10 in a second if I could find someone stupid enough to make that swap!
RIP Starfire

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
lavudyar said:

:eek:t:
btw i know the guy that has my old rc30 he also has another 2 and an rc45
he lives near me,the rc45 used to belong to the drummer of black sabbeth (i think that was the band he was in its not my type of music)his name was steve (surname began with c) and he sadly died in a car wreck u guys may know who he is?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
With $700 you could get a custom paint job with pink flowers and purple butterflies...

but I would go with brakes and rearsets...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts