Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 kms or 1242 miles run 2021 ZX10R
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..!!

Just wanted to check from you how many of you have done the de-cat and still run on stock slip-on? I am planning to just buy a link pipe for my ZX10R and run the stock slip-on. Just wanted to know a couple of things.

1. Should I remap / retune the bike to account for the loss in back pressure with the link pipe?
2. Can I use the stock slipon with it? If so are there any disadvantages to it?
3. I am planning to buy an Arrow link pipe. Any experiences with the arrow link pipe? If so please let me know which one I should get?
4. Are there generally any disadvantages to the engine if I de-cat the bike?

Please give me your suggestions on this as it will be helpful for me.

The bike I have is a 2021 ZX10R.
Link to the description of the link pipe: https://www.motopoto.com/products/arrow-exhaust-for-kawasaki-zx-10r-2021-up-1

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
good evening Bearded Rider. I'm new to this forum. I have a '15 zx 14, which i've had for 5 years and love that machine. i'm new to the zx 10. just bought the 21 zx 10. I have recently put a cat delete arrow exhaust with mid pipe and air filter on my bike. I don't plan on doing an ecu flash unless absolutley necessary. i haven't noticed any drop in power, nor does it pop during decel. However, when going with the arrow exhaust, videos do not do the exhaust justice. It is extremely loud. i went for a 30 min ride with ear plugs and it gave me a headache for being so loud. I put the db killer in and its much better. Living in California, I didn't need the cops pulling me over for such a loud exhaust. I love the sound though with or without db killer.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I removed the cat and installed a straight through Akra pipe with small can. Bike ran like shit. Did a custom map and ECU reflash and the bike still ran like shit. And way too loud. Finally reinstalled the cat, kept the Akra can, removed the secondaries, custom map and the bike runs very strong and smooth. Reinstalling the cat gave me back all the low end and mid range which was what is need for 2 gear on the track and in the canyons.

·
Registered
2021 ZX-10R
20 Posts
I am using the Arrow midlink pipe on my 2021 10R. I installed the stock slipon with the link pipe, didn't hear any noticeable difference between cat and decat. That muffler is a bomb of a sound damper. Now using an Akrapovic carbon long can and I love the sound.

I do have similar questions about the ECU flash, tune, air filter etc. i am not running any tune. The motorcycle runs much better than cat/stock. Higher low/mid torque and the quick shifter feels absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using the Arrow midlink pipe on my 2021 10R. I installed the stock slipon with the link pipe, didn't hear any noticeable difference between cat and decat. That muffler is a bomb of a sound damper. Now using an Akrapovic carbon long can and I love the sound.

I do have similar questions about the ECU flash, tune, air filter etc. i am not running any tune. The motorcycle runs much better than cat/stock. Higher low/mid torque and the quick shifter feels absolutely amazing.
Hey did the arrow mid link pipematch up with the Akra can??

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey can you add a sound bite of the exhaust. I’ll like to hear it before I get one. ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts