Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
goin to deals gap (the dragons tail) this weekend any experiences suggestions?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Went last year and all I can say is it is the best area that I have ever rode. It is undescribable from the case and point of a true bike lover. There were people there that had bikes I had only seen in magazines. Old school as well as the newest school! It was sweet riding and the people you get to meet are just as exciting to be there as you are. It can get crowded but I never had any problems with too many bikes. Ride close to the white line as you will see some people hugging the yellow and it will be close and fast feeling. Just find someone that frequents the area and talk to them about where else to go. Oh, and make sure that you can see your tag, clearly! Watch out for cops. It is easy to be overwhelmed with fun. Have fun!

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
the Cherohala effing ROCKS...GREAT high-speed sweepers...great pavement...I've only seen one cop up there ever...a different kind of ride, but just as good as the dragon...just my :2cents:

http://www.cherohala.com/

be very mindful when you get to the gap...it is squid central...its a fun ride...just be careful...oh...and i had a friend go up last weekend...LEOs were everywhere...

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
I suggest you take and post some pics so us other poor slobs who cant go will have something else to drool over.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Going out there next month and have been a few times. The tail sucks on the weekends. Squidfest. The tail is to slow and boring anymore. The cherahola skyway is were its at. By far my fav road to hit when visiting. This year the group I go with is headin to No. Georgia for a days ride.

·
Registered
511 Posts
well guys just having come back...and crashed...be careful and go slow the first time around. For u guys going there i highly recoment route 28 which is clear of Leo's and almost as twisty.

Oh and watch the decreasing radius corniers or u may put the bike in a ditch like i did

·
Registered
678 Posts
Going out there next month and have been a few times. The tail sucks on the weekends. Squidfest. The tail is to slow and boring anymore. The cherahola skyway is were its at. By far my fav road to hit when visiting. This year the group I go with is headin to No. Georgia for a days ride.
You must be going to Suches.
Its a good road kinda a cross between deals gap and the skyway, some parts are real tight like the dragon then it will open up to much faster curves then back real tight again.
I have NEVER seen the police running radar up there but i have seen more people crash there than ive seen at deals or the skyway.

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
You must be going to Suches.
Its a good road kinda a cross between deals gap and the skyway, some parts are real tight like the dragon then it will open up to much faster curves then back real tight again.
I have NEVER seen the police running radar up there but i have seen more people crash there than ive seen at deals or the skyway.
yeah...if youre riding the loop or anywhere up around Suches keep your eyes open...a lot of the locals hate sport bikes and have taken to guerrilla tactics...when i had 600 miles on the 10R i was up on hwy 180 and low-sided because someone had poured transmission fluid in the apex of a turn...i wasn't event hot-dogging...hasn't stopped me from riding up there, just be careful and stay alert.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool thanks guys we plan on doin all the roads we can while were there

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
i am going up ther with the family and the gf this weekend...i am going to go and show them around and stuff...i am really not too worried about the police becaue i am not going up and doing any hell raising this time...i have been thru there enough at a fast enough pace so its going ot be a relaxing the weekend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts