Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
predictions?

Im hoping De La Hoya wins, but Floyd is so damn fast. Oscar catches him once, and its lights out.

might just have to buy it tonight. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
deLahoya is def the golden boy of a dying sport....the judges will give him the close rounds so if flyd wnats to win he needs to win 7 decisively.

merryweather is a thug...i hope de la hoya beats him into the ground

·
Registered
858 Posts
I also like to see the cocky go down hard. They are both great fighters but I'm in Oscar's corner. Either way it will be a great fight. I have to agree with 05zixxer on his comments too.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am pulling for Mayweather, but I hope it is a good 12 round fight. Oscar is bigger, but Mayweather is quicker. For Oscar to win, he has to corner Mayweather and pound the body. For Mayweather to win, he has to box, avoid a brawl, and avoid being cornered.

·
Registered
272 Posts
MAYWEATHER ALL DAY.. NO CHANCE! De La Boya is over-rated.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anybody know how much the fight is ppv? i keep trying to get it, but time warner wont let me buy it till right around 9pm. ive heard rumors of $55 :headshake

also, anyone else fighting tonight? its aired from 9pm-2am...:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its $55 and there are 2 other fights on. Not sure its worth that money. De La Hoya is heavily favored. Im guessing Floyd will run around the ring like a princess like he usually does, making it a pretty lame fight.

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mayweather will use his speed but De La Hoya looked lean at the weigh in and will want to use his power late in the fight. I am going to get it cause I like the match up and would could happen late in the fight.

·
Registered
657 Posts
nope, de la hoya was in control of the fight the whole night, but said "it just wasn't a left hook night" so he barely threw any. threw a LOT of punches, but landed only 20%. mayweather spent the night being chased around the ring and on the ropes, but got nearly twice the amount of punches in, while throwing signifigantly less. his average was around 40%.

so even tho de la hoya was in control of the fight all night, due to mayweather's judicious use of throws, he took the split decision. on paper it was his fight all the way, but if you were watching it, you'd give de la hoya the win.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i didnt get the fight, kinda glad i didnt. from what ive read, mayweather ran around the ring like normal.

Floyd needs to be in a war before he'll be a true champion, he shouldnt compare himself w/ Ray Leonard and Ali until he can prove he can be beat up and still win.

id like to see a rematch or see Floyd fight Shane Mosley.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts