Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here...

I have a Gen2 that has the carbon Akrapovic as standard from the factory. I want to order a K&N airfilter and a Delkevic De-Cat pipe, but without a PCIII and custom map, will it cause any problems with the smooth running of the bike?

The PCIII is on the list of things to buy, but not quite yet, so should I hold off the De-Cat until then, or has any of you guys and gals had similar spec and had no problems/noticable improvements from the installation?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Its ok to run it with out a PCIII just would be even better after u got it mapped for the extra air flow. Y not just punch out the honeycomb instead of wasting 100+ on the same thing just hollowed out

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Delkevic UK sell it shipped to your door for £75... which leaves me to be able to "standard" my bike if it ever came to sell it (not likely, though).

Completely different bikes, but my uncles R1150GS was backfiring like crazy with the increased airflow on standard map, and I wondered how the ZX10R Gen2 factory settings dealt with the instal. If the standard map doesn't give positive results with it then my cash is better put towards other mods. So is it just OK or would I get a positive gain?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
When it back fires like that, that means its rich and unburnt fuel is getting burnt when it hits the pipe. The bike will flow better gutted and sound deeper. Basically giving urself a full exhaust

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
You WILL pop on decel unless you remove the air valve/pair valve under the air box. It Will without a doubt pop like crazy on decel with the catless mid pipe on your bike. Luckily you have the dual undertail cans so shouldn't have flames too bad. But definitely remove the clean air system with block off plates or connect the two side together with a hose.
Even if you got a pc3 it would still pop badly on decel with a catless mid pipe.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
That's odd, mine never popped with the pair valves still in tact and I just removed them when I did my valves last month

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
On mine man, custom tuned pc3 and all, soon as I removed the cat it was popping like mad. called the tuner who said he only unhooked the hose going to airbox for the tuning session and re-hooked it up after. Soon as I removed the clean air valve/pump nearly all decel pops went away. But it was insane just how much it did it. And when I switched to a shorty side pipe from dual undertails it started doing it again until I got a retune for that pipe and tuner lowered the 0-5% throttle position columns to negative fuel values.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts