Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So I've been riding with a db killer for the last week. Is it just me or did it kill a whole lot of power? It didn't even kill that much noise!

I haven't dyno'd it, but my butt wheelie meter is saying the power is quite a bit off. 2nd gear power wheelies (from closed throttle) used to be quite easy but now it'll hardly get it up at all.

Maybe I'm just chicken and unwilling to whack the throttle open given the near freezing temperatures I'm riding around in right now.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody have any feedback on their experiences with a db killer? I'd really appreciate some input to corroborate or refute my observations with mine.

cheers

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have ZX10R 2016 with AR exhaust, Tuned it without the DB killer first had lots of power at topEnd. put the DB killer in it and retune it because there is more restriction on the low end. it gains more power at the low end and lost some at the top. had to Add some more timing at mid power to gain the HP.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's some great insight there chiffeee. Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Our track has a db limit of 94 so you have to run an insert in the exhaust to pass. On my 04 I just put the stock canister back on. My's son's 08 has a Yosh slip on with db killer in it. Seat of the pants I really cant feel any difference with the baffle in or out. I'm sure its down a couple ponies but really hard to notice a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.