Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sitting in a hotel in Hillsboro, TX and it is absolutely perfect riding weather. I am in Texas for the next 2 weeks for work and this weather is driving me crazy!!! It was 76 and sunny today when I landed in DFW. I left Michigan it was 20 degrees with 3 inches of fresh snow on the ground this morning.

Like I said, Texas for 2 weeks for work and the day after I fly home my wife, daughter and I fly out to Arizona for a 10 day vacation. Hopefully by the time I get back, winter will be over. I have to move man, winter sucks......the more time I spend in the south, the more I want to permanently get the hell out of the great white north.......rant over. :headshake

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
lunitk said:
I am sitting in a hotel in Hillsboro, TX and it is absolutely perfect riding weather. I am in Texas for the next 2 weeks for work and this weather is driving me crazy!!! It was 76 and sunny today when I landed in DFW. I left Michigan it was 20 degrees with 3 inches of fresh snow on the ground this morning.

Like I said, Texas for 2 weeks for work and the day after I fly home my wife, daughter and I fly out to Arizona for a 10 day vacation. Hopefully by the time I get back, winter will be over. I have to move man, winter sucks......the more time I spend in the south, the more I want to permanently get the hell out of the great white north.......rant over. :headshake

have a good time here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rocketracermike said:
have a good time here. :thumbsup:

I am going to be in tuscon and benson for the majority of my trip. I was going to rent a beemer when I get out there but I have a harley somebody is going to let me use whenever I want. How far away from that area is Mesa? I can't keep up on a fat boy but it would be cool to ride some good twisties.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Go home Yankee. :lol:

So thinking about migrating south, eh. You'll have to learn to walk and talk differn' you do now. And you'll have to learn to wave at other folks, steada' 'norin' 'em. And ya'll have to learn how'in to talk in contractions and slower witha drawl. Think ya' can handles that pilgrim?

:lol:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
lunitk said:
I am going to be in tuscon and benson for the majority of my trip. I was going to rent a beemer when I get out there but I have a harley somebody is going to let me use whenever I want. How far away from that area is Mesa? I can't keep up on a fat boy but it would be cool to ride some good twisties.
its about a hour and half north from tucson. if you get a chance. take the bike or the family and go up MT. lemmon in tucson. there a road that goes north from tucson to hayden. from hayden to supeoer is a good ride.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gpz1100 said:
Go home Yankee. :lol:

So thinking about migrating south, eh. You'll have to learn to walk and talk differn' you do now. And you'll have to learn to wave at other folks, steada' 'norin' 'em. And ya'll have to learn how'in to talk in contractions and slower witha drawl. Think ya' can handles that pilgrim?

:lol:
what happened to southern hospitality....:dontknow: :heyyou:

·
Registered
871 Posts
I hear ya! I was in Vegas and it was 75 and beautiful, I did get to ride but it was mostly Harley's, It's 30 here (SE MI) And seems to be getting warmer slowly.

Prayin' for summer.

SG

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
9520G said:
If you really want to ride and can afford it check out sportbikerental.com
Mostly Cali and Vegas, but I bookmarked the site. It's fairly reasonable and if I ever make it to so cal, I am all over that.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
100 bucks for a 650 M-Th comes with Insurance and gear I think

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Z1000 for $110...................................come on suck it up and rent one for a day. You can ride to Hill's and he can ride bitch with ya. :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tread70 said:
100 bucks for a 650 M-Th comes with Insurance and gear I think
Lots of cool bikes and unlimited miles for an extra 15 bucks a day. The deposit is probably huge.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tread70 said:
Z1000 for $110...................................come on suck it up and rent one for a day. You can ride to Hill's and he can ride bitch with ya. :badteeth:
I would (rent a bike not have hill ride bitch), but I am like a rock star on this trip, evry night a new city to stay in. Tonight, Hillsboro, tomorrow San Antonio, Friday Houston, Saturday - Sunday Longview, and then I pick up another of our salesmen and going god knows where.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gpz1100 said:
Is Corpus Christi on your itinerary?
Where the fak is Corpus Christie? Alright, I just checked and.........no. It is a little south of where I am going to be at. I am learning that Texas is friggen huge!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts