Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I hated to see Roger Lee crash and see him limping away. Can you say "learning curve"? Over all, not a bad performance for Team Green. They were sorta like the WSBK guys, pretty quick at the start but not being able to maintain the pace. At this point in their development, I think all of the Kawasaki superbikes are hard on tires. HP power seemed to be competitive with the Honda and Ducati teams.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
madnessracing said:
did you guys see how many gixxers were there? it looked like if it was a gixxer championship..
I guess you are referring to the number of non-factory riders on Suzuki. It makes perfect sense. There are a lot more aftermarket parts for the G1K and at a more reasonable price. And there has been a lot more development done on that platform over the years. No doubt, it is a great bike. And that combined with the fact that Suzuki has done so much to support amatuer racing in the US for many years. I know a lot of guys who will automatically go back to the same brand they rode last year, even though there may be another bike on the market that could be more competitive. If you had a bunch of Suzuki spares already and you were comfortable with how they are built and you already knew how to work on them, what would you do?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Just a follow-up on the previous post. I just did a quick count and it looks like there were 3 times as many privateer Gixxer 6's in Supersport as there were ZX6RR's. I think that almost anyone would have to admit that the Gixxer is no match for the Kawasaki in full on Supersport tune, but still more guys are choosing to ride the Suzuki.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
well all things considered Spies did very respectable and was left with 2 choices when Matt looked back, 1) roll out of it as Matt did and make the draft for the win or 2) go for it! which he did and nearly pulled it off.

BD

·
Registered
958 Posts
Roger may have a broken or sprained right foot. Let's hope it will be alright for the next race in 6 weeks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts