Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
Gee. Ya think maybe the Ohlins suspension on the R1LE is paying-off for Yamaha? :rolleyes:
yeah no doubt! can't recall what the wheels are made of but throw that in as well.

BD

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The Zooks have always had a great contingency program. Kawi, .....hello, are you listening?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The Ohlins on the R1LE are probably not as big as an advantage as the super lite forged aluminum wheels. The guys that don't have real Ohlins forks do have Ohlins or similar internals and the ones they use are probably just as good as the Yamaha's forks. And Yamaha probably ditched the stock Ohlins rear shock just like all of the other big buck Superstock teams and fitted the real deal Ohlins racing shock, again, the same thing all of the top Superstock teams did. In pre-season testing, the Yamaha guys have talked about how much easier it is to transition the bike now. That is the wheels.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
BTW. The Superbike times for Roger Lee and Tommy are very encouraging. Not that they are on the level with Mladin and company but they are pretty competitive for a first effort. Way to go Team Green. I would be extremely happy if they could pull off a podium finish. When they announced that they would compete in Superbike this year, I wasn't sure if they could accomplish a podium finish this year. It is a tough crowd.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
zeta xray said:
The Ohlins on the R1LE are probably not as big as an advantage as the super lite forged aluminum wheels. The guys that don't have real Ohlins forks do have Ohlins or similar internals and the ones they use are probably just as good as the Yamaha's forks. And Yamaha probably ditched the stock Ohlins rear shock just like all of the other big buck Superstock teams and fitted the real deal Ohlins racing shock, again, the same thing all of the top Superstock teams did. In pre-season testing, the Yamaha guys have talked about how much easier it is to transition the bike now. That is the wheels.
zeta xray said:
BTW. The Superbike times for Roger Lee and Tommy are very encouraging. Not that they are on the level with Mladin and company but they are pretty competitive for a first effort. Way to go Team Green. I would be extremely happy if they could pull off a podium finish. When they announced that they would compete in Superbike this year, I wasn't sure if they could accomplish a podium finish this year. It is a tough crowd.
:+1: and:+1:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
danno22 said:
Neil Hodgson 2nd, go on lad:thumbsup:
Agreed, besides Team Green, I am rootin' for Hodge. Sad days for Honda. Since their American arm is designing their own race kits, they hardly have a competitive bike.

I just can't stand Mladin or Yates for that matter and it ain't just because they are on Suzukis. Why can't the AMA be more like World superbike. They can be fierce competitors on the track, but in the AMA it always turns out like a Jerry Springer episode between racers after the race.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Is it just me or do the Hayden brothers have a better time than Mladin, or is just me?
Mladin 1:39.900
Roger 1:39.097
Tommy1:39.397

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Lillfool said:
Is it just me or do the Hayden brothers have a better time than Mladin, or is just me?

didn't notice that...good catch

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Rspec99 said:
Agreed, besides Team Green, I am rootin' for Hodge. Sad days for Honda. Since their American arm is designing their own race kits, they hardly have a competitive bike.
Hodgie gonna get um f'sho, well except the greenies.

I just can't stand Mladin or Yates for that matter and it ain't just because they are on Suzukis. Why can't the AMA be more like World superbike. They can be fierce competitors on the track, but in the AMA it always turns out like a Jerry Springer episode between racers after the race.
sad but true.:rolleyes:

BD

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Lillfool said:
me don't think Mladink was 100%.

BD

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Big Daddy said:
me don't think Mladink was 100%.

BD

we shall see said the blind man...:eyecrazy: