Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am changing bike from a Triumph Daytona 675 SE 2010, which I have owned for 3.5 years and ridden on track about 25 times and done a total of 15000 km (10000 miles) mainly to and from the racetrack. For 2016 I am changing to a matte black 2016 ZX-10R which I expect will give me much more thrills and g forces :grin2:. It will enable me to take my riding to another level.
I will ride it mainly on the track and convert it with crash fairings, higher windshield (double bubble), engine covers, shark fin, clip-ons. I will give the standard exhaust and the standard steering damper (the programming should have been updated for the new model?) a chance before changing them to an aftermarket dito.

/Chris.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hi everybody,

I am changing bike from a Triumph Daytona 675 SE 2010, which I have owned for 3.5 years and ridden on track about 25 times and done a total of 15000 km (10000 miles) mainly to and from the racetrack. For 2016 I am changing to a matte black 2016 ZX-10R which I expect will give me much more thrills and g forces :grin2:. It will enable me to take my riding to another level.
I will ride it mainly on the track and convert it with crash fairings, higher windshield (double bubble), engine covers, shark fin, clip-ons. I will give the standard exhaust and the standard steering damper (the programming should have been updated for the new model?) a chance before changing them to an aftermarket dito.

/Chris.
You will be absolutely amazed at what you have just acquired.

The Daytona is a nice little bike, but very old-tech. No comparison in any dimension to the Gen 5, which is a world-class sportbike.

Take your time getting to know the ZX-10R.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your interest. I'm looking forward for the delivery even more when I hear your feedback. It will hopefully be in a month or so. I am waiting for a more precise delivery date. The roads where I live will not be free from salt and gravel until beginning of April. I will probably have time to put on some crash protection on engine and wheels before hitting the road for the first time. Will post pictures of the process.
I will take your advice seriously and try to take my take to push the boundaries of this machine with considerably more power, and electronics, than the Daytona 675. Power mode 2 (80 % power) and traction control setting 4 at winding roads & the track. 100 % power to run the engine in on the highway!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts