Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, recently swapped out my halogen daytime lights with T10 leds, which i assumed were simply plug and play, however they dont work and i cant for the life of me figure out why, anyone have experience with this? thanks for the help

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Polarity? LED only works in one direction. (Some LED assemblies have internal rectifiers so that the assembly can go in either way, but others don't.) Try switching them around.

·
Registered
634 Posts
so what your saying is try switching the left side with the right vice versa?
Not sure if the headlamp bulb connector is polarised, I don't think it is, why woudl it be. In which case GoFaster is saying to pull the plug off and plug it back in the opposite way around.

Not swap which light the bulb goes in.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
Not sure if the headlamp bulb connector is polarised, I don't think it is, why woudl it be. In which case GoFaster is saying to pull the plug off and plug it back in the opposite way around.

Not swap which light the bulb goes in.
:+1: Turn the bulb 180 degrees in the connector itself.

Also, the daytime running lights are not halogens. They are standard incandescent bulbs. The headlights themselves are halogen, but they are different from the little running light bulbs. LEDs only work if you get the polarity correct.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
Test the LEDs separately off the bike by connecting them directly to the battery to verify they are working. Then verify you have power at the connectors to the lights themselves. Also, I'm not exactly sure in your original post what you mean by T10, because those lights are 194s. So you may actually have the wrong lights you're trying to use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the equivalent to a 194 is a t10 led, the s im not sure about so it might be that, leds work though when connected to battery so the bulbs are good and the stock bulbs work so the powers there. might just leave it alone with the stock bulbs not worth the headache

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
the equivalent to a 194 is a t10 led, the s im not sure about so it might be that, leds work though when connected to battery so the bulbs are good and the stock bulbs work so the powers there. might just leave it alone with the stock bulbs not worth the headache
I don't think the T10s is the same as the 194. They make 194s in the LED format to match the bulb socket. If you got T10, I'm pretty sure that's your issue. Likely subtle mating differences. They should plug in and work if the polarity is right. Tons of members have done it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts