Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a 2014 zx10R and I have a problem with the dashboard lights flashing and display also flashing. i noticed this occurring more in humid or hot weather. When bike is on the move the speedo readout jumps around as well. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it please?

https://youtu.be/SyPdwRnUTyA

Thanks

Damian

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,808 Posts
Yup, you have a wiring/connector issue that's causing the serial CANbus communication link to fault. It's either that, or the whole cluster is faulty (not the most likely reason though). Pull the front cowling off, disconnect the cluster at the back, and check the connector. Same goes with the interconnect wiring between that and the ECU.

·
The Pace
7,182 Posts
Sounds familiar. Did you change out front tire recently. I'm thinking front TC on wrong side. Check for the ring on left side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! It's definitely not the Tc ring on wheel. I will take front cowl off at check the connections there and the ecu on the weekend. Cheers!! Damo

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've had that problem for awhile now. I tried checking and cleaning connections (electronics cleaner spray) on the back of the cluster as well as at the ECU 3x now with no change. All the connections were spotless despite the fact that I've ridden my bike through 3 Canadian winters and salty road conditions.

I've also checked the primary ground connection underneath the fuel tank 2x but that's spotless as well.

Another user GAZ advised me to check a different ground connection but my garage is cramped and cold and I don't feel like it until the weather warms up.

See his advice here:
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/how-swap-wiring-harness-difficulty-time-344569.html

If you get to the bottom of this, please keep us informed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I can't see your video, the link is bad or something, but mine did something very similar on a track day once. I had taken my mirrors off, unplugged the head and taillights and accidentally unplugged the wire for the TC(?). My dash flashed all the time, the red warning light stayed on and I was kinda freaked out for a few. The only downside for me that day was that it was a bit misty out and my TC obviously wasn't working. Been into the front cowling lately?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts