Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The dash panel of my bike from time to time freezes. In some cases no panel command works (even when holding the set button). In other cases commands work but the fluxometer doesn't.
In all the cases, despite the frozen dash panel, the bike runs ok.

This started after the 24000 km revision followed by washing. I can get the panel working by disconnecting the battery and connecting it again. It works fine then.

A week later it stops working again thoug.
Have I lost the ecu?
Shoud I be worried about washing the bike?

It's a woolich flashed ecu (by myself - I just activated the shift down autoblip), but before the revision there was no problem.

Anybody saw something like that?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,216 Posts
There is a serial data connection from the ECU to the dash. It's a little more finicky than the older analog signals. If you got some water in the connector for it, it may be causing the signal to drop out, but it's not likely the cause. If the unit just freezes up on it's own then it would be a problem with the dash itself. But that would be the entire unit. I'm not sure what you mean by "fluxometer" though. The flux capacitor needs 1.21 gigawatts to work properly. :p:ROFLMAO::cool: If there's only one value in the dash that is freezing up, then it may be related to a specific signal from a specific sensor. Hard to figure that out without some more info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
😅😂😂 by fluxometer I meant the "flowmeter". English is not my first language. LOL Nice Joke.
I haven't thought about the dash itself, maybe a good start. I'll look up for the flowmeter sensor too, but the "freezing thing" is kind of random.
Problably I've noticed that instrument first, because it's the one I look more. Maybe I flash it again.
Well, It's working now and I hope it keeps workin. Thank you.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,216 Posts
😅😂😂 by fluxometer I meant the "flowmeter". English is not my first language. LOL Nice Joke.
I haven't thought about the dash itself, maybe a good start. I'll look up for the flowmeter sensor too, but the "freezing thing" is kind of random.
Problably I've noticed that instrument first, because it's the one I look more. Maybe I flash it again.
Well, It's working now and I hope it keeps workin. Thank you.
Glad the joke came through! :p😂😂🤣🤣 Your Engrish is good! :cool:;) It just wasn't obvious on my end. Like I said, if it's just one signal, then look into the sensor for that input. If it's everything on there then that's different.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
disconect dash I would clean conector, disarm dash and look for moisture. those things are expensive.... maybe you can save it...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,216 Posts
disconect dash I would clean conector, disarm dash and look for moisture. those things are expensive.... maybe you can save it...
That's a good idea and worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts