Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new to to the forum and looking for a bit of help, yesterday I had my bike in for a dyne run it a 2019 zx10, but now all the dash is flashing I've tried some of the things on YouTube but no luck
Any help would very much appreciated 馃憤

Registered
OK flashing dash, what code is it throwing up? The obvious question is where did you take it for dyno and what are they saying about the dash??

Registered
Is there a code?? Is the bike starting? Where did you go for dyno and why havent they put it right for you?

Registered
Only time my entire dash has flashed is when I had an ecu flash fail part way through. Bike wouldn't do shit till I re flashed it to stock then back to my custom map

REPOST Enforcement Mod
The entire instrument cluster will flash if the CANbus link is broken and can't communicate with the ECU. A dyno run will typically cause ABS failures because one wheel is spinning and the other isn't, but that's to be expected. So, it would depend on what they did for the "dyno run" that would cause this. If they did any tuning while it was on the dyno, then they had to connect directly to the ECU. I'd suspect that they got to the ECU to add an RPM pick-up connection trigger straight out of the ECU rather than a clamp-on spark plug wire input for the dyno chart. They probably left the ECU disconnected on one of the plugs if they did that, or the connector is loose and isn't secured fully, or the wires are damaged when poking around there. First place to look is the ECU connections to make sure everything is the way it's supposed to be.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all I'm new to to the forum and looking for a bit of help, yesterday I had my bike in for a dyne run it a 2019 zx10, but now all the dash is flashing I've tried some of the things on YouTube but no luck
Any help would very much appreciated 馃憤
OK flashing dash, what code is it throwing up? The obvious question is where did you take it for dyno and what are they saying about the dash??
Hi I can鈥檛 see any codes it鈥檚 just flashing, I have been told that It鈥檚 flashing because the rear wheel was turning fast and the front wasn鈥檛 so the traction has detected an error going to get it reset tomorrow thanks for your help

REPOST Enforcement Mod
Hi I can鈥檛 see any codes it鈥檚 just flashing, I have been told that It鈥檚 flashing because the rear wheel was turning fast and the front wasn鈥檛 so the traction has detected an error going to get it reset tomorrow thanks for your help
Did you read my post above yours? You can't dyno the bike with the Traction Control on. The ECU will detect a "wheel spin" while it's running on the dyno and kill power to the engine to prevent what it thinks is loss of traction (ie- wheelie). TC should be OFF when on the dyno or you can't get an accurate reading. Even if it detects an error with the TC, the dash won't flash like that and you'd get an error code and a check engine light only. Everything else would be fine. There's no way to "reset" the dash. It runs the power up check at start up. There's no reset switch, no access port to hook up any diagnostic tool, and not software accessible for it. What you were told is incorrect on that.

The Pace
Yes, when I didn't get the dyno scam, went through the same dyno gauntlet routine. Lost a headlight bulb twice. I can't help you with your problem as not a tech but you're still under warranty so let the dealer guy sort it out with Kawa. Dynos should not hurt the bike, but guess it does sometimes.

Registered
I solve that problem in lots of gen5, connect the scanner (woolich cheap one) and clear the code...
done

Registered
It could be a bad ground connection

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for you help and advice 馃憤馃憤 my bike is now sorted I got a obd cable off eBay connected it to my scanner and deleted the code
Once again cheers

Registered
A lot of shops will remove the rear wheel speed sensor to avoid traction control from interfering with the runs. Shops will be turning the bike on/off quite a bit after runs and since the 10R doesn't Stay in TC:0 after on/off/on it gets annoying. So, I can see why shops remove the WSS but the fact they almost all of them don't bother to clear the code and then request $100 after the fact to "take a look" at what's wrong is just scummy. F*** shops who do that s***... I've been there before.

That OBD will come in handy though. Especially if you install track fairings or something. Flipping the tip sensor during fairing swap (a common occurrence) will result in the same issue you're having now haha. Having that OBD on hand can easily troubleshoot and remove flags like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts