Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had cancelled my policy on my bike awhile back because I was without it for about 2 months... Once I was able to ride it again, I reinstated my policy... or so I thought.

I called my agent the day I needed the policy back in place and he did whatever he was supposed to do on his end and said I was good to go.

Yesterday I get my billing statement in the mail and only my Jeep is on the policy. So... I've been riding w/o insurance for the past month or so and not even realizing it. :bitchslap

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
not sure how state farm works, but with progressive, my auto and motorcycle are separate policies so i get them as separate bills/statements. did you call to confirm that it's not activated?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Just be thankful you found the error before you tired to make a claim on the policy. :wink:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Good that its sorted out. I bet if you needed it they would have covered you though. They are a pretty good company, or at least my agent has always been top notch.

·
Registered
578 Posts
even though there was an error, you would had coverage if there was an incident. the agent did what he was supposed to do, and corperate did not follow through. i work in the industry for a competitor but, i see this on a regular basis. if you call your policy change in to the agent, and have documentation, and the agent has documentation..... you have coverage.

corperate may need to verify you did make the call to change, and the agent made the change (or didnt make the change), then they find where the mistake was made, and correct it. usually if everything checks out even if the agent didnt make the changes but you did, you will be covered by corperate.... as long as you have dates, times, who you talked to and what you changed.

Ski

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
even though there was an error, you would had coverage if there was an incident. the agent did what he was supposed to do, and corperate did not follow through. i work in the industry for a competitor but, i see this on a regular basis. if you call your policy change in to the agent, and have documentation, and the agent has documentation..... you have coverage.

corperate may need to verify you did make the call to change, and the agent made the change (or didnt make the change), then they find where the mistake was made, and correct it. usually if everything checks out even if the agent didnt make the changes but you did, you will be covered by corperate.... as long as you have dates, times, who you talked to and what you changed.

Ski

That is EXACTLY what happened. It got sent to corporate and they had actually deleted my policy... :dontknow:

I have family in the insurance industry too, so I wouldn't put anything past them! AAA actually tried to screw me over years ago until they found out one of my family members was higher up in the company.

State Farm has actually been really REALLY good on insurance claims. At fault accident, paid off bike and insurance rates went down! :crackup: Oh! They went down another $20/month today when they re-did my policy! Dang, I almost forgot about that.

:badteeth:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
That is EXACTLY what happened. It got sent to corporate and they had actually deleted my policy... :dontknow:

I have family in the insurance industry too, so I wouldn't put anything past them! AAA actually tried to screw me over years ago until they found out one of my family members was higher up in the company.

State Farm has actually been really REALLY good on insurance claims. At fault accident, paid off bike and insurance rates went down! :crackup: Oh! They went down another $20/month today when they re-did my policy! Dang, I almost forgot about that.

:badteeth:
Usually posting/blogging these issues all over the net, fb, yelp, yellow pages, BBB, and a dozen other places (copy/paste) get their attention and they "sometimes "learn not to do that again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts