Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone else disappointed with this movie? I was really pumped on the intellectual twist that Bane portrayed in this movie instead of just being a huge rage monster. Although, I was super ticked that there was nothing in this movie about Bane's venom. I, like most, thought that the mask ventilated venom into his lungs constantly giving him constant power, but it didn't. I still don't fully understand the masks purpose. Something about keeping him from pain and alive? I dk. He wooped the crap out of Batman in the first fight and was obviously stronger, but then a few pushups and pullups later Batman is equally strong?? And either Batman should've killed Bane or Bane should've killed Batman, but no. Instead Cat Woman shoots and kills Bane; LAME! And how did Batman survive an atom bomb that destroys a 6 mile radius? They should have just killed him off, but he somehow miraculously survives an atom bomb blast.

Buncha bull!

·
Registered
369 Posts
thanks for giving up the whole movie to people who didn't watch it yet lol ...

and i personally liked the movie a lot

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone else disappointed with this movie? I was really pumped on the intellectual twist that Bane portrayed in this movie instead of just being a huge rage monster. Although, I was super ticked that there was nothing in this movie about Bane's venom. I, like most, thought that the mask ventilated venom into his lungs constantly giving him constant power, but it didn't. I still don't fully understand the masks purpose. Something about keeping him from pain and alive? I dk. He wooped the crap out of Batman in the first fight and was obviously stronger, but then a few pushups and pullups later Batman is equally strong?? And either Batman should've killed Bane or Bane should've killed Batman, but no. Instead Cat Woman shoots and kills Bane; LAME! And how did Batman survive an atom bomb that destroys a 6 mile radius? They should have just killed him off, but he somehow miraculously survives an atom bomb blast.

Buncha bull!

If you thought that was Bull then don't watch ANY super hero movies lol. They are usually not very realistic.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Seriously, put spoiler in the title. AND I really liked it too.

Spoiler!

·
Registered
85 Posts
And how did Batman survive an atom bomb that destroys a 6 mile radius? They should have just killed him off, but he somehow miraculously survives an atom bomb blast.
Uh.... you apparently missed the part where he got the autopilot functioning, which you could see coming the entire movie. :heyyou: It is left for the viewer to assume he bailed before the bomb went off.

Also, there was more than just push-ups involved in defeating Bane. Batman went through an entire state-of-mind change, and learned to fear death again and use it to help him when in the pit.

I personally loved it. Only complaint I could have was the predictability of the movie.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for giving up the whole movie to people who didn't watch it yet lol ...

and i personally liked the movie a lot
Seriously, put spoiler in the title. AND I really liked it too.

Spoiler!
Uh...:heyyou: "Dark Knight Rises Disappointment: Contains Spoilers!" Says spoilers right in the title...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh.... you apparently missed the part where he got the autopilot functioning, which you could see coming the entire movie. :heyyou: It is left for the viewer to assume he bailed before the bomb went off.

Also, there was more than just push-ups involved in defeating Bane. Batman went through an entire state-of-mind change, and learned to fear death again and use it to help him when in the pit.

I personally loved it. Only complaint I could have was the predictability of the movie.
I didn't miss the auto pilot part and I realize that it's left to the viewer to figure out that he survived, but he obviously didn't eject for a good long while after leaving the city.

And yes, Batman went through a whole mind change, I know. There's still no way he should be equally as powerful as Bane.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, yes, the movie was good and if I wasn't into comics when I was younger, then I would have thoroughly enjoyed it. BUT, I was into comics and yes I realize that movies tend to stray away from the comic storyline, which is why I was stoked to see that Bane wasn't just a mindless monster in the movie. The Intellectual twist and fighting skills given to Bane were a great additive. BUT, Bane's whole existence in the comics is due to the venom that is injected into him giving him super human strength and size. This movie said nothing about the venom and it's safe to say that Bane didn't even have any kind of venom in him; he was just a really strong badass.

All I'm saying is that I wish the directors would have included the venom in Bane's character. I loved him being smart; loved him being a badass fighter; loved his evil non-caring attitude; but when I think of Bane, I think of a super steroid and this movie had nothing in reference to it.

No one has still told me the purpose of the mask. From what I understand, after Bane was beaten saving the girl, the mask was used to relieve his pain and rebuild his strength. It looks like he would die without it because once Batman breaks it, Bane gets frantic and looks like he's about to die until the girl fixes it for him after stabbing Bats.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Thought it was good in the fight scenes, but slowed to a crawl and drug through everything else. Good movie overall but Avengers was better. Always thought Bane was a second tier baddie, and a henchman for somone else, as he was in the movie.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought it was good in the fight scenes, but slowed to a crawl and drug through everything else. Good movie overall but Avengers was better. Always thought Bane was a second tier baddie, and a henchman for somone else, as he was in the movie.
Yeah, that's how I think of him as well; as a henchman jacked up on super human juice. Like I said, I liked how the directors portrayed him as the lead villan and changed his character from what he was in the comics. I just realllly don't understand why they didn't use the venom in this movie. Without the venom, Bane was just another henchman in the comics.

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
I thought the movie was epic. It had all the drama, suspense and action. Yes, parts were predictable but it's based off a comic book. Typical comic book story lines, you get beat up, come back stronger then kick ass.The super heroes always win! People love a happy ending lol. As for Bane, I guess the film makers didn't think it was that significant which I thought was bull but at least they included him being raised up in prison and highly trained. I say it's the best summer movie of the year next to The Avengers.

·
Registered
471 Posts
eh....entertaining I guess. very predictable though. kinda glad they didnt do the whole "real 3D" deal. woulda lessened any appreciation for it having to wear glasses and paying $20 to see it. prolly coulda waited to watch it on the flatscreen at home to be honest, but guess it was worth watching. I wasn't really expecting it to be too supreme epic, so wasn't disappointed.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
Hey guys,

Buncha bull!

You brought out some good points that Nolan decided not to use. The mask was just weird, his voice was at time a bit too hard to understand from so much LOUD music through out. For such a tough killer he cried a bit at the end..weak.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
eh....entertaining I guess. very predictable though. kinda glad they didnt do the whole "real 3D" deal. woulda lessened any appreciation for it having to wear glasses and paying $20 to see it. prolly coulda waited to watch it on the flatscreen at home to be honest, but guess it was worth watching. I wasn't really expecting it to be too supreme epic, so wasn't disappointed.
The reason this movie didnt' go 3D was it's to dark as it is, with 3D glasses would make it even more darker and most theaters these days adjust sound and light levels in the projection room (to satisify the average viewer, they lower the volume from what is calibrated to Dolby Standard, light, and gamma adjusted).

I saw Batman DNR opening night at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood opening night 8pm showing. VERY DISSAPOINTED in the sound volume (and the ac wasn't' working, in which they apologized before the film started). For a film this Epic and on opening night I was expecting LOUD or at least somewhat loud. It was no where close to my expectations volume wise.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You brought out some good points that Nolan decided not to use. The mask was just weird, his voice was at time a bit too hard to understand from so much LOUD music through out. For such a tough killer he cried a bit at the end..weak.
Glad to know someone else also noticed some important things missing. I enjoyed the movie, don't get me wrong, but it had some things that i'm not quite sure why they left out.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I loved it, so much that I'm going to see it at the cinema again on Wednesday.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I thought the movie was pretty good. When I heard how long it was I was expecting more detail than what we actually got though. I also agree with everyone else that that mask was just odd. I was a pretty hardcore batman fan as a kid, if I didn't know the characters name in this movie I would of never guessed it was supposed to be Bane.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts