1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
is that like the tre?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Hell for 32 bucks I will get one on Friday.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the info i've gathered about the TRE & Dano's derestrictor they both address the same issues with advancing the ignition timing in the first 4 gears but due to not having any specific instructions from Dano's its hard to say what exact differences there are between them in terms of installation etc.

BD

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i guess franky is gonna let us know then

·
Registered
516 Posts
Big Daddy said:
From the info i've gathered about the TRE & Dano's derestrictor they both address the same issues with advancing the ignition timing in the first 4 gears but due to not having any specific instructions from Dano's its hard to say what exact differences there are between them in terms of installation etc.

BD
BD,
A difference I see is this claim by Dano:
Derestrictor unit will dramatically increase power in the first four gears.
I don't recall seeing that the TRE will do this. If there is a power increase it should show up on a dyno comparo though...Right?

Mike

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BIKEMIKE said:
BD,
A difference I see is this claim by Dano:
Derestrictor unit will dramatically increase power in the first four gears.
I don't recall seeing that the TRE will do this. If there is a power increase it should show up on a dyno comparo though...Right?

Mike
Right you are and yeah i suspect a back to back dyno test would reveal the truth. Something thats not been answered yet (even in the TRE thread) is it necessary to have a PC3 when using the TRE?

BD

·
Registered
516 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Right you are and yeah i suspect a back to back dyno test would reveal the truth. Something thats not been answered yet (even in the TRE thread) is it necessary to have a PC3 when using the TRE?

BD
I'm not clear on that question. Here's another TRE thread:
sorry can't get the thread to show up from a brother forum.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I will keep you guys posted, I dont mind testing it out. I dont know about back to back dyno, but I can tell you my seat of the pants estimate. I do plan on getting it dynoed in March

·
Registered
516 Posts
Big Daddy said:
link don't work.

What i'm asking is.........in order to reap the benefits from the TRE does one require a PC3??

BD
Can't link for some reason.

Ivan says: "We always use the TRE and PC3 together when developing maps, the bikes always run much better with the TRE.

If you buy your PC3 from us, we will install our map (pre-program it) so all you have to do is install it and enjoy !!
"

So, from this he is tempting you to buy both but I didn't read all of the many threads on the TRE so can't answer your question.

·
Registered
509 Posts
NO you do not have to have new map. It will have better throttle response and less deceleration popping if you change the map. For the most of you out there you proably want know the difference. I'm going to play with the different maps tonight after I pick my bike up ( got the cams degreed) and see if I can tell... Peace!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BIKEMIKE said:
Can't link for some reason.

Ivan says: "We always use the TRE and PC3 together when developing maps, the bikes always run much better with the TRE.

If you buy your PC3 from us, we will install our map (pre-program it) so all you have to do is install it and enjoy !!
"

So, from this he is tempting you to buy both but I didn't read all of the many threads on the TRE so can't answer your question.
jeech & I are discussing this very topic over in this thread...

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4844&page=4

BD

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Ivan said:
There is not one particular map in the ZX10's blackbox that runs better than another....

My product is called "TRE" but the function is completely different than the Suzuki units that I manufacture.

There is another thing to consider when you purchase this product form me.....

Lifetime Warranty !!
&
Better Tech Support than anyone in the business!!

Ivan
And Ivan is a sponsor. I just wish he would develop an ignition advancer so we all dont get reamed by DJ for $300 for that feature.

Ivan,
will you be able to give us some base settings for the ignition advance when it does become available?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts