Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first woman, and a damn good looking one at that, to win an Indy Race. Patrick wins Motegi IRL race on fuel strategy to beat Helio Castroneves by almost 6 seconds.

It was only a matter of time. Shes pretty talented, besides being pretty and has as good a car as any. Indianapolis should be fun.

You GO Girl!!!

http://www6.comcast.net/sports/articles/general/2008/04/20/IRL-Indy.Japan.300/

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I'm a HUGE fan and quite pleased to see her succeed. :thumbsup:

BD
:leghump:

I have always though she is quite overated IMHO, she had a huge advantage for the last couple of years with the weight rules and could not get it done, techniacally she still has not won a race on speed, but a wins a win, maybe she will stop whining and crying now, there is no crying in racing for fuck sake.
That shoving match between her and Dan Wheldon was proof at what a spoiled little brat she is, If I was Dan I would have put her ass on her back (then tapped the shit out of that, lol) She is seriously fine though, have you saw the SI pics:eek2:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts

I have always though she is quite overated IMHO, she had a huge advantage for the last couple of years with the weight rules and could not get it done, techniacally she still has not won a race on speed, but a wins a win, maybe she will stop whining and crying now, there is no crying in racing for fuck sake.
That shoving match between her and Dan Wheldon was proof at what a spoiled little brat she is, If I was Dan I would have put her ass on her back (then tapped the shit out of that, lol) She is seriously fine though, have you saw the SI pics:eek2:
oh she's impressive and way far from overated given the talent in the field so to sell her short is a mistake. She is neither a snivler or whiner and had every given right to be pissed @ Weldon and she should of :nutkick: him bigtime for being a fuggstick!! she proved she wasn't going to take no shit from anybody and that my friend is admirable.

BD

·
Registered
654 Posts
I admit I don't follow racing like others do, but the argument over weight cracks me up.
Wifey's into nascar,F1,indy...etc and when watching it with her and all the interviews afterward, the issue of weight never comes up. I never hear Tony Stewart complain about some skinny young driver so I just wonder what gives. Maybe I'm comparing apples and oranges with the 2 racing leagues but it seems like a silly stance to take because even though the science is sound, I've not heard that position taken b4.

Anyone got more info than me?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Girls winning indy races and running for president... whats next?!??! A girl in MotoGP?? They are taking over the world ahhhh!!!!! :lol:
And , how do ya think you got here????????????? :lol:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 years ago at Indy, Indy rules required a certain weight limits for just the cars. Then Danica appeared and she got in her car and car driver were about 40-60 pounds less than the mens and suddenly it was the men who got their panties in a wad. Would the same thing have happened if a skinny little 105 lb man showed up? I doubt it.

I can't understand mens aversion to women competing in sports. I am old enough to remember and watch it happen to Shirley Muldowney who one day won a Top Fuel drag race and was still dismissed. I beleive by the time she quit she had 3 Top Fuel world Championships, much to the dismay of her male counterparts.

I would love to see Danica win the Indy 500 and the Championship. I think it would be cool as hell.

And 9R to 10R, most races in Nascar and Indy are now won in the pits, both with strategy and luck. Danica won the race, fair and square. To try and diminish it makes no sense to me.

JJ

·
Registered
542 Posts
When did Danica really whine any more than any other racer? Her team owner Michael Andretti was was of the biggest whiners ever, as was his ol man. I also did't hear too many people knocking Ashley Judds husband when he won Indy while everyone was pitting and they stopped the race for rain. Shit happens in racing. I am glad she won an hope she wins some more. The issues with her size and weight are ridiculous coming from big strong manly men who are the real snivelers. I have not gave a shit about open wheel racing since Al Unser Jr. started to decline but now Danica mania has me watching again, she is good for the sport.

·
Registered
448 Posts

I thought it looked like Castro. might have had old tires or somthin... she came around his ass like he was sittin still :mrgreen:

I admit I don't follow racing like others do, but the argument over weight cracks me up.
Wifey's into nascar,F1,indy...etc and when watching it with her and all the interviews afterward, the issue of weight never comes up. I never hear Tony Stewart complain about some skinny young driver so I just wonder what gives. Maybe I'm comparing apples and oranges with the 2 racing leagues but it seems like a silly stance to take because even though the science is sound, I've not heard that position taken b4.

Anyone got more info than me?
Nascar weighs car and driver together as a total (cup cars total is like 3460 or somethin). Therefore, a 150lb. driver with his car weighs the same as a 200lb. driver and car. :eek:ccasion1

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought it looked like Castro. might have had old tires or somthin... she came around his ass like he was sittin still :mrgreen:

Nascar weighs car and driver together as a total (cup cars total is like 3460 or somethin). Therefore, a 150lb. driver with his car weighs the same as a 200lb. driver and car. :eek:ccasion1

Indy also does it that way, now, but 3 years ago when Danica appeared on the scene it was not that way in Indy. The cars had a limit only and that was it. The men started bitching and I beleive it was Helio and Wheldon that bitched the most, about well the bitch weighing less than a man? :lol:

I hope she wins some more.

JJ

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When did Danica really whine any more than any other racer? Her team owner Michael Andretti was was of the biggest whiners ever, as was his ol man. I also did't hear too many people knocking Ashley Judds husband when he won Indy while everyone was pitting and they stopped the race for rain. Shit happens in racing. I am glad she won an hope she wins some more. The issues with her size and weight are ridiculous coming from big strong manly men who are the real snivelers. I have not gave a shit about open wheel racing since Al Unser Jr. started to decline but now Danica mania has me watching again, she is good for the sport.
:+1:

I agree 100%. IRL would be in big trouble if she left for NASCAR. Hell they were in trouble anyway fielding only 17-18 cars, and then having a couple of those stars leave this year (Sam Hornish for one) for NASCAR they had to kiss and make up with CART in order to have enough cars to even have a race.

I watch IRL ONLY because she is competing. I imagine that is the case with many. She has the goods!

I admit it, I love seeing woman do well in men sports. I would like to see the William sisters take on the men. Well not now, but back in their prime. I HATE golf with a passion, but watched the one time Sorenstam played the PGA.

JJ

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I have to admit, I am a little crochety on this, I just don't like the fact that she has got all this attention and for the most part has not delivered on the track. I have been a long time racing fan, I follow american open wheel, Nascar, F-1, bikes, If you can race it I watch it, so I am just a little predjedious about how she got all that attention and all she did was crash for the most part, yeah she was fast but put her in a car like Sarah Fisher was having to feild and she would have been out of racing, while her teamates were winning races and championships she was crashing and making excuses. Just my take, you all got some good points but your not gonnna make me a fan. I really hope the unification takes open wheel racing in america back to what it was beforeTony Geroge came along and fucked it all up, greanted the oval tacks have some great racing, but I miss the street and road courses, and the old turbo cars of CART, they used to be like 850-900 hp now the IRL cars are more like 600HP. I hope some car changes come along with the unification. h

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have to admit, I am a little crochety on this, I just don't like the fact that she has got all this attention and for the most part has not delivered on the track. I have been a long time racing fan, I follow american open wheel, Nascar, F-1, bikes, If you can race it I watch it, so I am just a little predjedious about how she got all that attention and all she did was crash for the most part, yeah she was fast but put her in a car like Sarah Fisher was having to feild and she would have been out of racing, while her teamates were winning races and championships she was crashing and making excuses. Just my take, you all got some good points but your not gonnna make me a fan. I really hope the unification takes open wheel racing in america back to what it was beforeTony Geroge came along and fucked it all up, greanted the oval tacks have some great racing, but I miss the street and road courses, and the old turbo cars of CART, they used to be like 850-900 hp now the IRL cars are more like 600HP. I hope some car changes come along with the unification. h
Yep, I agree 100% about the turbo cars and that was one of the "many" reasons Cart was formed as Indy was heading towards natural aspiration.

Not trying to make a fan out of you 9R to 10R and you know you have my respect, just pointing out its hard as hell for anyone to win a race, IRL or Indy. I don't think how she won should be taken as a cheapening of the win.

JJ

1 - 20 of 56 Posts