Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
original post: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51421

had a an awesome time at fontucky yesterday. don't know what it was but i was feeling it and had my personal best lap times by about 6 seconds (1:49). have to tell you as minute as the dampner rebuild might seem i could really tell a difference in the way the steering head performed. modulation was night and day better from stock valving. started out at 16 clicks and ended up backing it off two more clicks where it felt perfect for the rest of the day.

so i'm wrapping up the second to last session of the day and coming back to the padocks when i hear a light rapid clicking sound from my motor. almost sounds like valve out of adjustment. bike has almost 7k miles on it. this is the fourth track day i've put on it and never had any issues before. i know it's not a lot of info to go on. i'm taking it in to lee's tomorrow to have them check it out to be safe. any ideas?

·
Registered
99 Posts
My 06 does the clicking thing been doing it since it was brand new i was told it was the generator? Done 7.000 miles on it no problems yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts