Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apparently there are new rules set at my local track. I did [email protected] 142 1.9 60 foot for the first time and got kicked out cause I didn't have leather pants. I do need to improve my 60 foot but holy shit MY QUESTION is how do you guys keep the first gear top end down? I put all my weight as much as possible on top of the tank. I did a short wheelie and had to cut throttle down the track and still hit still 10.6. This bike is stupid fast and can't wait to get more seat time down the track next time.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Closest track to me is under NHRA sanction, and if you go faster than 10.00 sec or 135 mph, they want you to get a NHRA license. Sounds like yours is the same way.

I'm not good enough to do 10.00 and with the stock exhaust and all street stuff on the bike (all reflectors, license plate etc) and 68,000 km on the clock, it's right near 135 mph anyway ... no point making it faster, I don't want to deal with the NHRA license stuff.

Get a set of full leathers, though. I won't ride in any less than my roadrace leathers.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
my track is like that. when we first got into racing we would haul ass then slow it down before the end so they wouldnt kick us out lol

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Do you have the bike lowered and strapped? That will help with the wheelies. MOST tracks are 10.99 and faster or 12mph and you have to have full leathers. 9.99 and faster usually required a license, either IHRA or NHRA, depends on who sanctions the track. Get yourself a pair of good leathers, its for your own good.

As far as the wheelies, if you lower and strap the bike you should be able to control the wheelies decent. Use the clutch to feed the power to the ground and not the throttle. When I was stock wheelbase I could go full throttle immediately and use the clutch to control the front end.

Just because you are wheelying doesn't mean you are launching as hard as possible, it just means you gave it to much power at once. You could be launching soft but then toward the end of the clutch give it to much power and throw you into a wheelie.

I've seen so many people tell me there giving there bike all it has because they are wheelying, when in reality they are creeping off the lineand then when they get comfortable rolling, they let go of the clutch, throwing them into a wheelie.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i want your 240 lol i hve a 400whp rb20 96 240...really want the kouki front end

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
as far as the wheelies, if you lower and strap the bike you should be able to control the wheelies decent. Use the clutch to feed the power to the ground and not the throttle. When i was stock wheelbase i could go full throttle immediately and use the clutch to control the front end.

Just because you are wheelying doesn't mean you are launching as hard as possible, it just means you gave it to much power at once. You could be launching soft but then toward the end of the clutch give it to much power and throw you into a wheelie.

I've seen so many people tell me there giving there bike all it has because they are wheelying, when in reality they are creeping off the lineand then when they get comfortable rolling, they let go of the clutch, throwing them into a wheelie.
:+1:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Troll! How you been? lol

Yeah were going to try to strap the front this time and see what happens. I got stock wheel base and its impossible to keep the front from coming up a feet or more. Tech 5 if you know 1.9 60 foot on a stock wheel base is a pretty good rider. Let's see your time slip buddy.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The bike will easily do 1.60s lowered and strapped.
:+1:

damn straight!! 1.635 lowered and strapped, swb, -2 front/+2 rear gearing but it does wheelie!!

:mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts