Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I havn't really been on here for the past 2 weeks. To make the story short I got bit twice by a spider (not sure what kind). Ended up in emergency room and been on antibiotics out the a$$. Hopefully I'll be back out there in a week or so, we have had some of the nicest weather here in IN since ive been down... go figure. Will probably start raining when I'm able to ride again. Anyways, I just wanted to vent for a few.:mrgreen:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Well I havn't really been on here for the past 2 weeks. To make the story short I got bit twice by a spider (not sure what kind). Ended up in emergency room and been on antibiotics out the a$$. Hopefully I'll be back out there in a week or so, we have had some of the nicest weather here in IN since ive been down... go figure. Will probably start raining when I'm able to ride again. Anyways, I just wanted to vent for a few.:mrgreen:
Heal up well. Your bike will wait for ya. :thumbsup:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
can you climb walls and shoot webs out your ass now? damn i crack me up!

be well.
That is not funny or cool.

Anyways, did you check to see if you have like a little hole on your wrist? can you spin a web?

just asking

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Hope they weren't Brown Recluse spiders those little bastids are dangerous! Heal up well! Ride safe!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope they weren't Brown Recluse spiders those little bastids are dangerous! Heal up well! Ride safe!
They said my symptoms looked like it might have been. One bite was in the arm while the other was between my leg and abdomen. They actually had to cut out the infection on my arm. Nothing huge just a 1/2 - 3/4 incision. I have not seen a single living spider in my house and only seen one dead one. I am pretty anal about spraying for bugs. Usually do so 3-4 times a year. I was in Chicago the night before I noticed it, but I didnt think that area is native to the recluse.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I'm with you on the hatting spiders. I don't remember what kind it was but one bit me once and it was like getting stung by a bee. Swelled up and stung for a while.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
yeah those brown recluse are no joke. but a friend of mine get sun spiders in his house. their not poisonous but they'll give you a bite, and it's not even a spider. but the damn things scare me so i won't even go to his house. some of them can get pretty big, heres a picture of the ones in his house.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=66934&stc=1&d=1209264274
solpugid_jose.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
When I lived in Phoenix and Las Vegas, I was always on the lookout for scorpions. To this day I still shake out my shoes before I put them on! One of the shops I workded at in LV always had vinegaroons that scared the sh*t out of me! I always heard they were harmless but they were aggressive little bastards!

·
Registered
835 Posts
OK, I give up, what's a vinegaroon ??:dontknow:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yep!! That would look great on the bottom of my boot!....Thanks, glad we don't have those down here.....:badteeth:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts