Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man i'm mad! I was out riding last nite with like 6 other guys. It was a 954, '04 gixxer750, '06 gixxer 600, '04 gixxer 600, and 2 gixxer1k's one '05 and one '06 I was the only kawi in attendance. We were doing some pretty hard nite time riding. 12am @ nite! I was getting in2 it with those 2 gixxer1k's. The guy on the '06 iz a pretty good rider i've rode with him before on my zx9 when he had his '02 gixxer1k. He's a very good aggressive rider. I didn't know anything about the other guys riding abilities. :dontknow: So then they guy with the '05 gix1k switches and lets the guy with a the '04 gix600 ride his bike. Turns out he's a better rider than the actual owner! This guy iz tall and skinny and the owner iz short and kinda chubby. Man when he got on the bike i could not beat him for nothin! The chubby guy wasn't ridin the bike like the skinny dude. I said damn!! My shit iz slow! I could not beat none of these gix1k's.

I asked the guy if he had anything done 2 the bike other than the pipe? He shook his head no slowly. I think he was lying tho? I wasn't convinced! He didn't really give me a sharp no it was kinda vague. Then i overheard him say 2 the guy with the '06 aww man u gotta get that suzuki cam or gasket or some shit? So i dunno? All i know iz his shit iz faster than mine! Or maybe i wasn't ridin mine right or somethin? I know i was shifting early at first. I was shifting as soon as my shift light came on @ 10-11k rpms. Instead of holding out until 13k. And thatz what they were doing. But then when we went back at it i tried to do that too and they were still pullin on me! I was pissed off! :headshake

I dunno? Maybe i'm still not shifting right or pushin it as hard as i could be? Then the chubby guy sayz 2 the skinny guy who's riding his bike. Aww maaan i thought those zx-10's were faster than that? I was thinkin 2 myself this dude got some nerve 2 talk shit! B/c when he was on his bike he wasn't running it like that! And when he was on it i was in front of him! But whatever........moral 2 the story is i guess no matter what u have done to the bike and how fast it is? It still all boils down to who's riding it? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Then the chubby guyz sayz 2 the skinny guy who's riding his bike. Aww maaan i thought those zx-10's were faster than that?

LOL....Doesnt sound like it was stock! Sounds more like they were fuggin with ya.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
or riding/shifting better and taking advantage of the peak powa, 10-11k ain't gonna get it done man ya gotsta use this bike for what it is otherwise ya gonna get whupped all things being somewhat equal.

BD

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
i couldt really understand that with all the Z's in it made me wanna fall asleep..... but anyways 10k and your shifting, no wonder why they beat you. from the sounds of it, spend some money on a trackday or something.....

·
Registered
417 Posts
apparantly none of yall are actually readin this cause he said on the way back he was shiftin later. zig what have you done to your bike. he had to have been geared.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Orange_R said:
apparantly none of yall are actually readin this cause he said on the way back he was shiftin later. zig what have you done to your bike. he had to have been geared.

naaa i read it and while he makes referance to shifting higher he doesn't actually say 13k, which in fact isn't a true 13k due to being optimistic readouts.

BD

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
i raced a 2005 and 2006 gixxers and all i can say is that all they saw it was my tailight dissapeared but like ZIG said its about whos riding it and how you ride it..but i honestly think that the gixxer was strapped..

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hey Zig, If youve never been past 165, and your shifting at 11k, you will lose to a guy on a bone stock 04/05 10r, let alone a 06 gix 1k. Set your shift light to 12.5k, if your doing roll-ons from second, go w.f.o. , shift 4 times just under the limiter, keep it w.f.o. Then maybe the outcome will be different. There are guys who ride hard, and theres guys who will ride hard enough to push the bike to its limits. Good Luck, Ride safe!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Zig, lookin at your profile, were you riding the hottest ZX9 on the planet in York PA or a 10R? Need to get that out of the way. If it was a 10 u were ridin then it was the g rider, mods and them fuggin wit ya 6 on 1. slowly shakin their head no...........;-)

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
munchie said:
Zig, what year ZX (and size 9 or 10) are U riding, do U have any mods on yours??

'06 zx-10

I have no performance mod's except for Akra bolt on and 1 tooth down in the front.

All my mod's are pretty much cosmetic to enhance the bikes appearance. :beer:

·
Registered
461 Posts
The gixxer had to be fixed.:dontknow: You have the fastest stock bike. But then again it could be the ryder!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eros said:
Zig, lookin at your profile, were you riding the hottest ZX9 on the planet in York PA or a 10R? Need to get that out of the way. If it was a 10 u were ridin then it was the g rider, mods and them fuggin wit ya 6 on 1. slowly shakin their head no...........;-)

lmao! :crackup: naah the slowest zx10 on the planet...

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ninja2k5 said:
Hey Zig, If youve never been past 165, and your shifting at 11k, you will lose to a guy on a bone stock 04/05 10r, let alone a 06 gix 1k. Set your shift light to 12.5k, if your doing roll-ons from second, go w.f.o. , shift 4 times just under the limiter, keep it w.f.o. Then maybe the outcome will be different. There are guys who ride hard, and theres guys who will ride hard enough to push the bike to its limits. Good Luck, Ride safe!!!

You know what? Out of all of us the guy on the '06 gix600 knew how 2 adjust the shift light. Well he knew how 2 adjust his own but couldn't adjust mine or any of the gix1k's. We were playin with it tryin to adjust it but nothin was happening. How do u adjust it? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Liking your bike is one thing, but damn people. Why is it such a surprise in the first place that the new gixxers are fast? All you have to do is look at all the tests and see that the literbikes are only separated by tenths of a second and the finishing order depends on who's doing the riding. None of them are the "king of the street" or whatever some of you want them to be.

There's nothing wrong with your bike Zig. You just experienced what most people do when they race similarly modded bikes nowadays. And you were honest enough to share what happened, instead of wowing everyone with how you left a new gixxer/R1/CBR for dead.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts