Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! im wanting to put a ride together. if you want to ride ( its supposed to be high 60's low 70's ) and you want to do a group ride rsvp here on this thread. i can bring a camera to document the whole thing and we can put it up on here. figure itll be a ride and dine....try to take over hooters/twin peaks or something. ill have an assigned meeting spot with an address if people are interested:helmet:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
When, what part of town?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right on...thanks for the rapid response so far. im thinking of meeting in plano. how does that work for everyone? ride plan is this...ride up north to van alstyne ( exit 51 off 75 ) take that west to gunter to hop on to preston and take preston ( 289 ) back to the mainland. there is both a hooters and a twin peak once we get back to plano. the road is twisty, not a lot of cops, and some open straits to play on. 289 is a looooooong stretch.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
geez im a dumbass....my bad sorry im planning friday. i thought that i had stated that in the op. timewise im thinking around 1130 meeting in plano. it will be somewhere right off 75 probably around the 15th street/legacy area. there is a shell station off 75 and legacy that may work.....

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Moved to the Regional Forums.

Bluedevil

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ok sounds good might be alil late but I'll be there. Where u headed when u leave the gas station? Just so I'll know in case I miss you guys

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I'm trying to arrange my schedule to be able to ride Friday, but my route will be more along these lines: http://tinyurl.com/85vcer7

With several variations due to start point end point and just plain personal preference (map is one that's been floating around for awhile). Lunch probably in Bonham.

Not poop'n on your ride, just though I'd throw out a route in case you aren't familiar with the decent roads in the area.

Oh...and the new Bone Daddy's is open in Plano on the NDT/Parker area. Nicely staffed. :leghump:

·
Registered
680 Posts
geez im a dumbass....my bad sorry im planning friday. i thought that i had stated that in the op. timewise im thinking around 1130 meeting in plano. it will be somewhere right off 75 probably around the 15th street/legacy area. there is a shell station off 75 and legacy that may work.....
Friday morning?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm trying to arrange my schedule to be able to ride Friday, but my route will be more along these lines: http://tinyurl.com/85vcer7

With several variations due to start point end point and just plain personal preference (map is one that's been floating around for awhile). Lunch probably in Bonham.

Not poop'n on your ride, just though I'd throw out a route in case you aren't familiar with the decent roads in the area.

Oh...and the new Bone Daddy's is open in Plano on the NDT/Parker area. Nicely staffed. :leghump:
no worries dude your not poopin on the ride. suggestions are greatly appreciated. :idea: you think we can cut that down to bout a hundred miles? originally i was planning on doing a big loop around gunter/mckinney and squeezing in fm 455.....BUT from the looks of this road this looks way more interesting:thumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Friday morning?
yes sir thats correct friday morning. im going to get the address now to post up for the shell station. i have to run and get a new phone charger around noon and ill be passing right by it. so here in a few hours ill have the address posted:mrgreen:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok sounds good might be alil late but I'll be there. Where u headed when u leave the gas station? Just so I'll know in case I miss you guys

how late? i can push it back timewise a little if need be. or if all else fails i can pm you my phone number so you can meet up with us down the road. i had a route planned but one was posted that i kinda like. i want to see if i can shorten it some.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
no worries dude your not poopin on the ride. suggestions are greatly appreciated. :idea: you think we can cut that down to bout a hundred miles? originally i was planning on doing a big loop around gunter/mckinney and squeezing in fm 455.....BUT from the looks of this road this looks way more interesting:thumbsup:
I'll work on a shorter version for you. Might even join you if the stars align. I only do 455 if heading to Anna for booze or ECR for a track day. Otherwise there's just too many cops with really good hiding places and the 55 mph speed limit is hard to obey. :helmet:

·
Registered
128 Posts
how late? i can push it back timewise a little if need be. or if all else fails i can pm you my phone number so you can meet up with us down the road. i had a route planned but one was posted that i kinda like. i want to see if i can shorten it some.
Maybe 12:30 before I get there. Not sure yet i might be able to make it there in your set time. But the ride sounds good man lookin forward to having all these zx10 taking over the streets! Haha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so i was going to get the address to make it easy for everyone to find the location. however its ridiculously simple to get there. from where your at get to plano via 75. exit legacy and go east. legacy will dead end to k ave. the shell station will be on your right. its essentially immediatly off 75 and legacy. if you need a address still i can provide.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts