Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, they are not my new boots. That is the name of them :dontknow: Does anyone have a pair? I am interested about the ankle protection and everything that I have found on them is really vague.

Attachments

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
they look cool,

·
Registered
51 Posts
Recently i bought a pair of Dainese Axial Race boots....what to say about them...comparing them to my a-star SMX boots , they are lighter , the ankle movent for upshifts and downshifts is executed with much ease , shift lever feel is better....on the other hand we have carbon/kevlar inserts in the boot which makes it a hightech piece of engineering with great safety rating...axial is an internal structure inside the boots with a special articulation system that limits the twisting of the ankle that might otherwise cause sprain and trauma...very few boot companies use these materials-one of them is dainese...i heard from somewhere that the design of this boot is made with the special collaboration with one of the well known MOTOgp doctors...Valle Rossi also races with the "same" boot design....Fit and finish is top notch .Boots , and if you have dainese one-piece suit , connect/hook via velcro patches , after that the trouser movent is put to a minimum.Very simple solution ,but it works.Expensive-yes , but unfortunately most motorcyclist traumas are by the legs. So in the end of the day you wont be dissapointed that you've spend 200$ more for your own safety , believe me , once you try them you'll never think about an another boot :)

Attachments

·
Registered
967 Posts
Looks killer, How thick is the ankle pad on that pivot point on the inside? Better yet, do you see it wearing down relatively quick/easy? Do the hard parts cause any discomfort at all?

AFMEDIC

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks killer, How thick is the ankle pad on that pivot point on the inside? Better yet, do you see it wearing down relatively quick/easy? Do the hard parts cause any discomfort at all?

AFMEDIC
this is the most comfortable boot i ever jumped in....even when you are off the bike , walkin round the gas station for example it feels az if you are with regular shoes....they are so light , and the boot parts are moving so naturally...most boots are more show than go , these are very solid boots.....no wearing down yet , i've used them for 800-900km of riding ....even the sole of the boot sticks so much better to the rearsets...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is the most comfortable boot i ever jumped in....even when you are off the bike , walkin round the gas station for example it feels az if you are with regular shoes....they are so light , and the boot parts are moving so naturally...most boots are more show than go , these are very solid boots.....no wearing down yet , i've used them for 800-900km of riding ....even the sole of the boot sticks so much better to the rearsets...

go green, you have the Axial Race. I am looking at the Axial Regular. I need to tuck my leathers into the boot. The Race is a great boot, but I need to find out the ankle support in the Regular version.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
No, they are not my new boots. That is the name of them :dontknow: Does anyone have a pair? I am interested about the ankle protection and everything that I have found on them is really vague.
I have a pair that look same except all black; ankle protection is very good. Not a full blown race boot but very nice nice. Comfortable too...

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68544

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a pair that look same except all black; ankle protection is very good. Not a full blown race boot but very nice nice. Comfortable too...

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68544
I read the post about your boots but they are the "Torque Out" boots, they are close but not the same. I have looked at those also and found them to be really comfortable and great ankle support. I really want to find info on the Axial Regular. I don't know why it is so hard to find them here in the states, I guess I am going to have to take a trip to Italy:badteeth:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dainese Axial Race boots

Where did you purchase your Dainese Axial Race boots and how much were they? One of my local dealers had them, but only in size 45, which was a little tight for me for around $400.

Thanks,
Aaron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts