Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got to take my zx10 to the track today, first time tracking it.

felt like i was doing pretty good, still need to step up my 60 foot times.

the bike is completely stock minus a yoshi slip on, lowered 4 inches, and strapped.

i'm pretty much out to see how far i can push the bike SWB and damn near stock.

launchin from 9k (video is not of my best run though, best run wasn't caught on camera.)

60 foot - 1.827 1/8th - 6.718 1/4 - 10.219 mph - 138.68

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
nice times man :thumbsup: have you tried dropin your rpms a lil to see if you can improve your 60 ? it would help you get that clutch out and get to WOT alot sooner.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt really think about it, i'll give it a shot next season...i think i'm done racing for the year, closest 1/4 mile track is 3 hours away.

i think i may have cancelled out all of my winter plans, i really would like to push the bike into the 9's how it sits. i know the bike can do it, its just whether or not i can :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem getting her in the 9's, how much do you weigh and where is the track located at.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
topeka kansas is where the track is. in full leathers and everything i weigh 170

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we were going against a 15-20 mph headwind.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
we were going against a 15-20 mph headwind.
your almost there man good times you should be in the 9s soon :thumbsup:....my last time out only went 140mph but before that was averaging 146mph before that with almost the same setup as you :dontknow: ......I need to get back to the track. :idea: :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your almost there man good times you should be in the 9s soon :thumbsup:....my last time out only went 140mph but before that was averaging 146mph before that with almost the same setup as you :dontknow: ......I need to get back to the track. :idea: :thumbsup:

bloo
i need a track closer than 3 hours away!

i feel like the track was hooking well enough for me to get into the 9's, just going against the extra 15-20 mph wind hurt. there was a guy on a drag bike there that i was talking to telling me that he was .2-.3 off his normal times. i figure without the wind, and a 1.7x sixty foot i SHOULD be able to be down in the 9.90's

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

i feel like the track was hooking well enough for me to get into the 9's, just going against the extra 15-20 mph wind hurt. there was a guy on a drag bike there that i was talking to telling me that he was .2-.3 off his normal times. i figure without the wind, and a 1.7x sixty foot i SHOULD be able to be down in the 9.90's
3hrs that's crazy...I have a 30-45min drive no excuse for me. :badteeth: :headshake:lol: but yeah you will be in the 9.90s no problem. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
then get to it!!! if i had a track that close, i'd probably blown my motor already, and i've only had the bike a month!

all my winter plans are now on hold until i get a 9.90 out of it early next season!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
geez... i guess im lucky i got a 1/8 mile track 20 min from my house.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Our only 1/8th around here has been closed all season due to flooding, live in the same area as debo, and I believe a bit of the roads down to KCIR were closed due to flooding for a chunk of the summer as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i dont like the 1/8th very much, i'd rather wait and go down to the 1/4...i'll most likely be going to topeka for now on instead of KCIR unless a group of friends are going to KCIR.

the 1/8th mile track we have is quite bumpy from what i remember, i never really liked it much on my 636, but i might show my support and head out there for their one and only night they'll be open later this month when they get all the flood mess covered up.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Lol I go to school in SD and live in LA when Im not at school. There is drag tracks 20 minutes from my house, either place. Freaking amazingly lucky. I wish I would get down there to race more. Only 1/8 though, WISSSSH I had some 1/4 stuff round here.

Try launching lower in the revs. You wont be fighting a wheelie as much. It helped me fore sure.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

my last time out my clutch acting up so bad little control/out of adjustment no hook-up until I went to 2nd gear....60ft 1.9s :badteeth:....get the 330 down too I still hit [email protected] with that 60ft. :badteeth::wink::thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i actually wasn't fighting wheelies...surprisingly enough. i think it was just me. except for at the end when i decided to hot lap 4 times in a row...clutch didnt like that much :D

just need another day at the track with this bike and i feel like i should be do 10.0's or 9.90s. also need to not be going against the 20 mph headwind.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i actually wasn't fighting wheelies...surprisingly enough. i think it was just me. except for at the end when i decided to hot lap 4 times in a row...clutch didnt like that much :D

just need another day at the track with this bike and i feel like i should be do 10.0's or 9.90s. also need to not be going against the 20 mph headwind.
That is good if you were fighting wheelies..my last time out not even a hint in 1st gear so I knew a clutch setup...if your fighting wheelies that's a good thing. :thumbsup:

bloo

1 - 20 of 41 Posts