Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I've finally decided on some D&D slipons for my 07 10. I always wanted some akras/jardines/leos but recently I discovered the D&Ds. They seem a reasonable price and I don't mind the look of them. I'm just after comments from anyone who has experienced/seen/heard of them. I've never seen them here in Australia before so I think they would be pretty rare and add a nice finish to my bike. Are they a good build quality and are they annoying loud? If anyone has a couple of photos that would be cool.

Cheers guys

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've heard one on my buddies 2006 CBR600RR and in my opinion, I don't like it. VERY loud, to the point where I get a headache if I ride his bike above 6000RPMs for any extended period of time. It also has a drone while riding at speed. Personally, I would go with something else. They also may sound much different on our bikes, I wouldn't know though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a d nd. Now on my bike actually selling them look threw my pics. The older d nd 's are loud. As hell but the newer ones aren't loud at all I have them on my bike now. So contrary to to what everyone is saying there not loud anymore. The old 1's are and the reason I'm selling my slip ons is because I'm getting a full system

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
im not sure about the different lines that D&D has to offer, but my homies R6 with hid D&D is louder than anything ive ever heard.... i like the loudness they make... i like to let the Suk's know when im gaining on them and passing them.... lol

id gladly trade my mellow sounding M4 for a D&D!!!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
D&D on ricers is the same as Screaming Eagles on Harleys. I like loud if it has a tuned sound. I have never heard a good sounding D&D. If you want cheap try LOR. At least they sound good at low RPMs and scream at high RPMs.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Dumb and Dumber.
There's a lot of military guys around here that run them, I haven't heard one bike that sounded good with them on.
It's a can and it makes LOTS of noise, but it's ear piercing and raspy. You can do better. Have you checked into A&R Racing's baffle kit? I installed them and cut the cans down 2" and the sound is pretty damn good. Use about 1/2 the packing and after they break in they sound schweet. Downside is they still look like plain jane stock cans, but for less than 100.00 and a little work they do just fine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the advice guys. maybe they're not what i'm looking for. gotta keep searchin. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
635 Posts
got a d&d short can on my 1st gen and i love the way it sounds but i went from a fully built foxbody mustang to my bike so i am already partial to throaty deep sounding exhaust

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
got a d&d short can on my 1st gen and i love the way it sounds but i went from a fully built foxbody mustang to my bike so i am already partial to throaty deep sounding exhaust
There's no way a shorty D&D is anything but empty and raspy. Throaty? I doin't think so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts