Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this D&D exhaust. Supposed o be for 06-07 ZX10 but something is missing, link pipe? Or header? Any suggestions on getting this to bolt up?
I ordered smog block off plates and got a bad batch and now this...

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
The y pipe is the stock y pipe. The dont make just y pipes unless u buy a full system

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Matter of fact now that I think abt it somethings wrong with what u have bec the y pipe doesnt come apart for the right can onky the left side can has a detachable piece of pipe. I think u bought an exhaust for the wrong bike or something bec slipons for our bikes dont come with the extra pipe like urs is showing

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just my luck, the smog plates I ordered had the holes 1/8" off and now this exhaust is not even for my bike. (2 different sellers). I have found a Y pipe on eBay that looks like it may make these work. D&D doesn't seem to put part numbers on the cans themselves. :-(

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
This is the y pipe. notice how far ur cans would be sticking out if they were connected to this? Either those pieces of pipe u have on urs come off or those go to another brand of bike with duals or u bought 2 single side exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took my bike exhaust and Y pipe off prior to posting this. There is clearly a right and left. And I'm hoping the D&D connector pipe goes in place of the factory Y pipe allowing these to fit. I am going to call D&D once they are open to see if there's a way of finding a model number which will clear everything up. I'm just hoping they are for my bike. Guy said they are off a ZX10 just not sure of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts