Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My buddy is doing a head job on my 3rd gen cam,valves,springs,retainers,port and polish....So basically he decided to check the true compression of the motor to see what it is really running at... At the end of the day we are shooting for 14:5:1....So in doing the test we noticed that all the cylinders were running at a different compression. I will get the numbers from him and post it later on... But for y'all doing head work If y'all have access to the equipment always test the compression on your motor ...The factory isn't perfect....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

i dont believe u can get 14.5 on stk. pistons, gonna run out of ptv and pth clearance. fresh valve job and valve adj. should bring u back in range bugman stated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
my friend is doing the work, whats actually going is that if you cc the cylinder head chambers they range from one another a small but significant amount. enough to affect the numbers that we all love so much, hp

·
Registered
384 Posts
As far as gazx10 comment about ptv he is on the money. i got lucky. my valves must have been just kissing the pistons, i raced her for a while like that unknowingly, dodged that bullet thank the all mighty zx10 gods for that

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I would suggest to try around 13:8:1 first.
I went with 14:7:1 with a 2mm and i had ptv issues, could not degree more than 107/106. The bike was getting 10 degrees hotter on one dyno run. It had so much compression it could barely start.

Take a small step at a time, check first if your head work delivers with cams and go from there. Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts