Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aight gonna put new springs and ti retainers in my original motor...
Just to avoid damaging this motor... With that said is there any differences between these parts(one made better than other). Besides cost????
CC is @ $500 double spring and Ti retainers (installation is $300 )
Ape is $396 spring and Ti retainers
Kibble $580 spring Ti retainers &,lower collars

I will also need this Installed guessing another $250+

I would rather have it all done locally than shipping head out, only places near me is PR2 and Markbuilt racing..

Also do the springs come with there specs/instructions as in pressure/torque to be set ,to get correct spring pressure??

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Never used em on a street bike myself but a friend has used kibble whites on his drag bike and I have used them on a variety of dirt bikes and never had a problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
APE have been proven , 90% of all the racers here in cali use APE
Yeah I here many good things about them, and remember seeing there bikes as a kid...
What's the difference in single vs double springs...

Cyclepuk I've heard of them but don't know anyone that uses there stuff or Cycle concepts, I spoke to Dwayne earlier and he was very helpful and explained everything too me..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
dual springs are inteference fit when installed, they control spring harmonics better avoiding valve float, and provide adequate seat pressure without the stronger seat pressure single springs require. better on valvetrain.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dual springs are inteference fit when installed, they control spring harmonics better avoiding valve float, and provide adequate seat pressure without the stronger seat pressure single springs require. better on valvetrain.
Thanks Gaz:thumbsup:

I have the dual spring kibblewhites on my 08, no complaints.
:cool: nice too know...

What u guys think of Cycle Concepts price plus install about $900???

I called both shops near me got no answer at either place...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Aight gonna put new springs and ti retainers in my original motor...
Just to avoid damaging this motor... With that said is there any differences between these parts(one made better than other). Besides cost????
CC is @ $500 double spring and Ti retainers (installation is $300 )
Ape is $396 spring and Ti retainers
Kibble $580 spring Ti retainers &,lower collars

I will also need this Installed guessing another $250+

I would rather have it all done locally than shipping head out, only places near me is PR2 and Markbuilt racing..

Also do the springs come with there specs/instructions as in pressure/torque to be set ,to get correct spring pressure??
pm sent

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
A proper valve spring pressure is a very important part of the puzzle. I'm sure DeWayne at Cycle Concepts knows how to get it right. There's also Coby Adams whom without doubt can get it right, and Sal down at ACE Performance ( Goes buy " The Ice Man" or Ice Man) on the forums.. He has spent tons of time and countless spring combinations as I'm sure anyone that knows their business has done to get it right. It's easy for anyone to just pitch a set of springs in your motor but TOO MUCH pressure is as bad a thing as too little.. It needs what it needs and NO MORE.. Excessive pressure starts down the path of diminishing returns.. If you have ever seen high speed video of a motor at speed and the valve train doing it's job you'll wonder how any of them survive without exploding but they do..

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
A proper valve spring pressure is a very important part of the puzzle. I'm sure DeWayne at Cycle Concepts knows how to get it right. There's also Coby Adams whom without doubt can get it right, and Sal down at ACE Performance ( Goes buy " The Ice Man" or Ice Man) on the forums.. He has spent tons of time and countless spring combinations as I'm sure anyone that knows their business has done to get it right. It's easy for anyone to just pitch a set of springs in your motor but TOO MUCH pressure is as bad a thing as too little.. It needs what it needs and NO MORE.. Excessive pressure starts down the path of diminishing returns.. If you have ever seen high speed video of a motor at speed and the valve train doing it's job you'll wonder how any of them survive without exploding but they do..
Exactly y it looks like I'm gona have too send it out, to b done right...
I'm only changing those parts all else will b stock... Just trying to get back on 2 with my original motor don't need nothing fancy right now.....
got this off kw site..

http://valvetrain.kpmivalvetrain.com/Asset/999-100630.pdf

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, and i didnt know CC uses KW kits, seems ill go that route..now to find a shop that wants too work or send it out..

·
Registered
20 Posts
APE actually makes the ti retainers in house in their CNC shop. So you can buy directly from the manufacturer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts