Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Cutting your Headlight hole in your Race Fairing!

13K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  CoolBrzBlu 
#1 · (Edited)
I Purchased a HotBodies Upper Race Fairing, and am Running a one headlight setup, Now after you drill all your mounting holes and Windscreen bolt holes Comes time to Cut out your Headlight Hole by hand. Here is how i went about this:

I Applied blue painters tape on headlight then very carefully cut along the outline of headlight then peeled the scrap off. Then We put the Fairing onto the bike lining it all up, Made two edjucated guesses where i think the headlight was then drilled two holes one by running light and one on the bigger body of the light then looked threw and saw blue (because the painter tape is still on the headlight) took a pencil and shoved it threw holes and made marks on the painters tape. Then i Removed fairing, removed the tape from headlight in one piece as a template and lined my pencil marks with the holes drilled in fairing and cut with a dremel Cutting disk attatchment! Worked pretty good for First time ever, then i Painted it myself. Some Black single stage Paint mixed it poured into the hopper and sprayed away let it sit for a few days then threw her on, here are some pics to go with! Fitment for these new Hotbodies Race fairings are great good lines and everything matched up right! :ayyy:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
^^^What he said!

#8 ·
Ehhhhh its okaaayy..... hahahahaha jk you know it turned out good

#23 ·
#29 ·
Yes they are FiberGlass, OEM factory original plastics, fairings come painted, decals, pre drilled, ready to bolt straight on.

Street plastics usually come unpainted and in most cases undrilled. You're gonna have to paint it, probally drill it, and buy OEM decals if you're after a stock look.

Race bodywork is always unpainted, not drilled, and no cut outs for headlamp, etc. but is usually a lot cheaper and lighter.

#30 ·
Yeah I wonder if I could do this on my zx6... I don't recall ever seeing it before. I also wonder how much weight it would save.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.