Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Purchased a HotBodies Upper Race Fairing, and am Running a one headlight setup, Now after you drill all your mounting holes and Windscreen bolt holes Comes time to Cut out your Headlight Hole by hand. Here is how i went about this:

I Applied blue painters tape on headlight then very carefully cut along the outline of headlight then peeled the scrap off. Then We put the Fairing onto the bike lining it all up, Made two edjucated guesses where i think the headlight was then drilled two holes one by running light and one on the bigger body of the light then looked threw and saw blue (because the painter tape is still on the headlight) took a pencil and shoved it threw holes and made marks on the painters tape. Then i Removed fairing, removed the tape from headlight in one piece as a template and lined my pencil marks with the holes drilled in fairing and cut with a dremel Cutting disk attatchment! Worked pretty good for First time ever, then i Painted it myself. Some Black single stage Paint mixed it poured into the hopper and sprayed away let it sit for a few days then threw her on, here are some pics to go with! Fitment for these new Hotbodies Race fairings are great good lines and everything matched up right! :ayyy:

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
^^^What he said!

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Ehhhhh its okaaayy..... hahahahaha jk you know it turned out good

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hmmmmm....Interesting!!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Cutting out the headlamp area on a Gen 1 will really impress me... ! Ha!

(But your work looks pretty good... especially the paint!)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks and yeah the 1st gen would be a blast (Not) that headlight is all one piece and its big and weird shaped.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have an 05 with race fairing that I put 2, 2.5inch projector headlight with 6000k hid in them.. but i'll have to take a few pics tomorrow with the lights on and some off.. I email them to hellsrazors get him to post it. I do not know what the fuck im doing?????:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
What attaches the headlight in the back?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts