Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get my bike as lite as possible,its a 06 10r and I have already removed the exhaust and a front caliper and rotor,also went with a chromoly swingarm. I know it has heavy chrome rims but they were there when I bought it,Anything else I can do????

·
Registered
457 Posts
Maybe you should tell us why, so we can make more informed suggestions.

Bar end weights (stability/comfort may be issues), chain and sprockets, battery (inc. total loss system), Subframe (different design/remove material), wheels, bodywork (thinner and/or composite - includes windscreen), race harness (less wiring, as I recall), tires (I recall finding weights for various sizes, but where that was I don't recall), smog equipment removal (Secondary air injection/AIR/etc.), ignition key replacement with switch, get rid of your horn/highbeam switch/etc., lights removal, ...

·
Chairman of the Board
15,998 Posts
How much do you want to spend? You can replace all your bodywork and rims with carbon fiber. You can replace all your bolts and nuts with titanium ones. The list goes as far as your wallet does.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I was looking into that battery,1.5 pds compared to our 10 lb battery.Thats a great loss for 250bucks. Im just trying to shed some weight off it cuz I drag race it and like anything else the lighter ther faster. Im 170lbs so the Slimfast just isnt for me,thanks for the option tho.hahaha.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Race fairings, lose all the street stuff like lights, turn signals, etc. That and the battery and new wheels will get you started.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
You need to sell those wheels and buy stockers if anything....

for every pound extra you have on the wheel its like having 4 extra on the bike, rotational mass will be a big help..

Other than that year grab a battery like the MDA123 or the Shoria batteries that just popped out.

other than that the simple things like removing small things here and there help.

P.s. if your going for performance buy your self a good pipe even a slip on... running straight pipe you will lose more hp than the weight of the pipe is worth.

all else fails run race fairings with a single beam head light... will shave about 20-30 lbs

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need to sell those wheels and buy stockers if anything....

for every pound extra you have on the wheel its like having 4 extra on the bike, rotational mass will be a big help..

Other than that year grab a battery like the MDA123 or the Shoria batteries that just popped out.

other than that the simple things like removing small things here and there help.

P.s. if your going for performance buy your self a good pipe even a slip on... running straight pipe you will lose more hp than the weight of the pipe is worth.

all else fails run race fairings with a single beam head light... will shave about 20-30 lbs
Damn!!! Where can I get them fairings from?? 20-30 pds??? Thats alot of weight

1 - 15 of 15 Posts