Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 ti custom mapped power commander . It cuts out under heavy load ? It will cut out for a second then kick back in . I don't no where to start should i call the guy who mapped it and see if the maps screwed up ? maybe the fuel pump i dont no how to test that or maybe the power commanders going bad? Anyone else have this problem . thanks

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
If it cuts out but then still accelerates hard afterwards I would check electrical connections, if it cuts and bogs down then I would check the pump.

There was a recent case with Oidale having a similar issue and it turned out to be the kickstand switch malfunctioning.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey man, I had a similar problem as FAF mentioned/by the way his insight and knowledge was really helpful, along with everyone here. But yes do check all your conections and run through all the electrical system leading to your connections. It turned out that my problem was the kickstand switch turned on and off under vibration which was greater at the 8500/9000rpm range. (check out my post, you will get a better understanding of what kind of headachs simple things can bring). Try to jump the switch and go from there...Good-luck.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I would just unhook the PC first since your problems began after that was put on. It maybe toasted; because even a bike with a full exhaust and no PC won't cut out like that. If she keeps cutting your know its not your PC, so hook the PC back up and begin searching other spots, even vaccume tubes on the airbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts