Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've noticed this recently when revving out my 07 ZX10R, so far I've only had it happen in first and second (probably due to the speeds I'd be doing in the higher gears).

It get's to around 10,000rpm and the power will suddenly cut out for a split second, before kicking back in. It's like you're going flat out and then it feels like a sudden grab of the brakes, before it kicks back in again. And flat out in first it scares the sh*t out of ya!

Any ideas?

I'm thinking a loose sensor somewhere on the bike, or even the plugs?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Possibly vibration-related ? Have a look at the clutch cut-out and sidestand cut-out switches, and make sure the tip-over sensor is mounted correctly.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
685 Posts
What mods? What have you changed recently?

Also, check out the fuel pump. Normally it starts going bad little by little and you'll notice that it gets lower and lower in the rpm range.

On my 12r, it started at redline and got a little worse every week until I replaced the pump.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hadn't considered the fuel pump. Bikes barely done 7000km's so I'd have to doubt it.

Checked out the side stand switch with the bike running and tried fiddling with it and it didn't appear to have any effect. So maybe not that one?

I'm leaning more towards either spark plugs. Or perhaps crank sensor?

As for mods,
Pipes
PC3
Filter

The rest is all cosmetic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts