Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as you all say, my bike was slammed.. but as you can see I am able to come to a stop and actually touch the ground with both feet/flat footed. (compared to what it use to be..on the blk bike.. I'm only 5"2" ) It has made me much more comfortable riding my bike.. but yes, I do bottom out now and then.. I was told I could cut away the bottom part (towards the back) of the fender but I wanted to get some opinions on if I should do that or not..

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
good to see you can touch the ground. asfar as cutting things i would have no clue

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I would trim down the seatfoam a little and then raise the bike back up a hair. Me personally, I would cut the seat before I cut those nice blue lowers. Just my :2cents:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
have you thought about maybe raising the rear up a lil and lowering the front to make it an equal lowering and the rear of the fairings might not scrape so bad???

what do you have a lowering link just all the way down and noting up front?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
cutting the lowers will do you no good. all that will do is open up the exhaust and hit it. what you should do and make it proper is raise it back up a little and trim the seat. the lowers are protecting the exhaust (found out the hard way myself). cutting them would be useless. trust me on this one.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Cut the seat and have a boot maker put lifts on your boots....that's what a 5' tall rider does that I ride with...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts