Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter which end you cut from when shortening either the Akro or stock cans? I have the Akro bolt ons, and was either gonna cut them or the stock cans down about 4in.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
alot of times i will cut from the outlet of the can just so that the strap placement stays in the same place on the can IF they were used or show a wear area.. so that they do not show where the straps used to be....if that makes sense? but if they're new or don't show any wear areas where the strap goes then it really doesn't matter which end you cut from......just my 2 cents anyway.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alot of times i will cut from the outlet of the can just so that the strap placement stays in the same place on the can IF they were used or show a wear area.. so that they do not show where the straps used to be....if that makes sense? but if they're new or don't show any wear areas where the strap goes then it really doesn't matter which end you cut from......just my 2 cents anyway.
I thought about that, with the strap mark, but then id be cuttin the decal partway off...unless i jus take the decal off altogether. What about the stock cans if im puttin the race baffles in? does it not matter on them either??

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I wouldn't think it would matter on the stockers but i've never put the race baffles in the 10 stock cans yet.....you can always replace the akra decals if you cut them down from the outlet

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't think it would matter on the stockers but i've never put the race baffles in the 10 stock cans yet.....you can always replace the akra decals if you cut them down from the outlet
Very true.....

·
Registered
559 Posts
I noticed that my TBR mufflers logo has 2 rivets... albeit you can drill them out. I don't know if the Akra cans have rivets holding the logo... but if they do,I bet you can drill them out and rivet them.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I noticed that my TBR mufflers logo has 2 rivets... albeit you can drill them out. I don't know if the Akra cans have rivets holding the logo... but if they do,I bet you can drill them out and rivet them.
They be stickers. Now im thinking on sellin the akra cans and goin with a different exhaust

1 - 9 of 9 Posts