Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ZX10 has a 2Bro's c/f muffler on it that IMO is about 5" too long.
Has another successfully cut/shorted a c/f muffler before and if so how do you go about it?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I cut down the dual akra's on mine....Its easy if you have all the right tools:

Drill....
Bits
Rivet tool
Rivets
Hack saw
Dremel
Tape

Thats about it. There is a really good write up some one else on here did. Do a quick search: Cutting down akra

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
a few good threads on this already.

That 1 with the c/f cut down was one of the better ones as far as pix and instructions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys...any additional info/links would be appreciated too :helmet:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
carbon cuts very similar to fiberglass.......use the dremel with the thin cut off wheels and you will be just fine!.........tape is also a good idea.....

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The carbon won't really splinter if you use the dremel....I used the tape as my guide. I do recomend that you use the hacksaw with a fine tooth blade to cut away the packing.....and be careful to not get those fibers on your skin....very itchy. If so wash your self with cold water. (Cold water keeps your pores closed so the little fibers won't get in). All you really have to do is just go in with the right mind set and do it.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
also,.try your best not to breathe in the CF dust as you are cutting........it is bad shit to inhale!!!!!!will cause lung and throat irritation!!!.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts