Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having this problem with my 09 hesitates upon quick acceleration but then after awhile it will just just start to cut out and eventually die. The bike starts and idles and rides just fine.

One day I was on the interstate just cruising, but I needed to speed up and make a lane change. Well upon hammering into the throttle the bike just hesitated for a second before finally picking up speed.

Well overtime of this happening during normal rides, the bike eventually just loses all power and shuts down. The bike electronically does not turn off just simply shuts down.

I have been dealing with this for awhile and now the bike has been loosing coolant through the overflow hose. The bike NEVER get hot. This is the second engine in this bike as i feel the last engine went as a result of the same/similar situation and responses. Normal riding is fine but when hammering into the throttle it has a hesitation.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Do you have a power commander installed?
Any other mods done to the bike? This will help others help you diagnose it or at least give you some ideas where to look.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is a power commander on the bike. Secondary butterflies have been removed. K&N air filter is equipped. Brocks performance exhaust. Those are the only performance mods. As far as the power commander goes, it came with the bike. I have never had it programmed or tuned or done anything with it at all in fact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts